Jak II graphics issues
Hey all, I'm wondering if there are any ways to fix the graphics issues in Jak II other than using the Software Mode? Or maybe if there is nothing I can do by myself, is there a chance someone could let me know if a fix for these issues will be coming in a Dev build any time soon?

To clarify, the reason I don't want to use the software mode is because it is very slow on my system, while hardware mode is able to run most games at full speed and generally looks much smoother.

I've attached some screenshots so you can see the problems. In gameplay Jak's skin is a jumbled mess of static and he is missing an eye, while in cutscenes he looks fine (apart from the one eye, still missing). And water has red stripes, both in and out of cutscenes.

Thanks for any help! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Known issue, the game is just buggy with hardware mode, as you said already software mode is the most compatible but slower mode.

You could try enabling the "Alpha hack" option
and see if it helps with the shadow problem (would likely just remove them) or you could try using frameskip (shift+f4 while playing) while using software mode to get better speeds but not as smooth gameplay.
To gain some extra fps in software mode set extra rendering threads to 2 (if dual core),3 (if more than dual core)
(07-11-2013, 02:59 PM)Preet Wrote: Known issue, the game is just buggy with hardware mode, as you said already software mode is the most compatible but slower mode.

You could try enabling the "Alpha hack" option
and see if it helps with the shadow problem (would likely just remove them) or you could try using frameskip (shift+f4 while playing) while using software mode to get better speeds but not as smooth gameplay.
To gain some extra fps in software mode set extra rendering threads to 2 (if dual core),3 (if more than dual core)

Thanks for the response! I'll give your advice a try in software mode and see if that improves my game. Smile

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me if a fix for these games in the works for hardware mode? Of all the games I have tried on PCSX2 the Jak series is the only ones with serious graphics glitches.
No one is working on them directly, but they might be fixed in the future when they decide to overhaul GSdx Tongue
Gregory & gabest working now on pcsx2 automated builds
some games fixed that need software mode
now they're working in hardware mode
Thanks to gregory & gabest for their hard work for this emulator
u can grab latest svn build from here >>

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2