Jak X Patched (NTSC and PAL)
I've managed to get Jak X (PAL version) to boot.

You will need Full Boot if you want to hear any sounds (or read any subtitles) in the cutscenes or listen to any music.

The Game has some issues with saving. When manually saving your profile, you will get stuck on the saving screen (this includes when first saving your profile), requiring you to reset the emulator (as far as I can tell, it still saves correctly). Auto-saves don't have this issue.

This patch is relatively untested so there may issues with it.

If you have the PAL copy, you should use DF659E77.pnach
If you have the NTSC copy, you should use 3091E6FB.panch

Put the pnach file in the cheats folder and enable cheats (System>Enable cheats) in pcsx2 to activate the patch.

Attached Files
.pnach   3091E6FB.pnach (Size: 227 bytes / Downloads: 17.732)
.pnach   DF659E77.pnach (Size: 264 bytes / Downloads: 16.711)

Sponsored links

Oh. My. God. Definite rep for you. I can confirm the game is playable, but not the saving issues (mainly because i haven't saved yet).

The game is pretty GPU demanding, and i hardly get over 30 fps in crowded races. My poor HD4890 is struggling Smile
It has a built-in switch for PAL and NTSC framerate, as well for 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio so no need for widescreen patches.
I shall immediately get to making cheats for this game Tongue
Nice work Smile

(I wonder if the Jak X autosave bug can corrupt a PCSX2 memory card file?)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
Its better add to the svns.
I'll see if I can port it over to NTSC-U.

Edit: No luck. If you could tell us how you were able to do it, that'd help.
(02-03-2014, 01:06 PM)devina40 Wrote: I'll see if I can port it over to NTSC-U.

Edit: No luck. If you could tell us how you were able to do it, that'd help.

I used trail and error on every address starting from 0x00257900. I originally patched with a value of 10000010, and then refined this until only a nop (00000000) was needed.

I had written a program that did this automatically, so as to not lose my sanity while doing this.

I've gotten hold of the US version. but there may be a delay as I'm busy over the next few days.
The game stuttered badly when I tried playing from the DVD (my disc is a bit scratched + my DVD drive doesn't seem to like PS2 games) - made and ran from an image and the stuttering disappeared completely.

The intro and first story FMVs ran well - no graphical issues, good audio and framerate. Wish the cutscenes were real-time rather than pre-rendered, oh well.

Looks pretty good in hardware mode - only a few minor graphical glitches (some textures are a bit broken at some angles - e.g. the car deck in the main menu, some car wreck pieces might be missing textures).

[Image: iUxJbBoN6c7jF.jpg]

(I think the game reduces the detail level on cars in Exhibition events, probably so that splitscreen can run smoothly)

Runs at ~60fps in software mode and hardware mode (DirectX 11, 1920x1080) - i7 4770, GTX 770.

Haven't encountered any crashes or gameplay problems so far (tested a few Exhibition races/deathmatches and the 5 tutorials), aside from the profile save lock-up (which as Ge-Force said, still seems to be saving correctly, it just requires a "reboot" of the game).

Biggrin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
Tongue 
OMG Thankyou very much now I can die in peace
(02-03-2014, 02:28 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: I've gotten hold of the US version. but there may be a delay as I'm busy over the next few days.

I'll leave you to that then. Happy
Thanks for the patch and the save bug is only a minor problem since the game makes a correct save.

About the cheats you can use this patch in which I added the game cheats.

.pnach   DF659E77.pnach (Size: 1,47 KB / Downloads: 2.545)