Jak and Daxter bug in the background
The background in the first Jak and Daxter game glitches when I walk around in the game and these like shadows appear, the only way I know how to fix the problem is by changing the renderer to software, but that makes the graphics look worse. I'm playing from ISO and I'm using the latest Nightly version of the emulator
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Mobo: Asus PRIME B365M-K
CPU: intel i9-9900k
RAM: 16 G

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2023, 10:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Ok there, I edited it
(11-30-2023, 10:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Thank You.

Nevermind! I fixed it somehow by like screwing around with the settings! Thanks anyway though
The shadow issue you're experiencing in the Jak and Daxter game is a known issue with the PCSX2 emulator. It's caused by a bug in the renderer, and unfortunately, the only workaround is to use the software renderer, which will make the graphics look worse.

The developers of PCSX2 are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but there is no ETA for when it will be released. In the meantime, you can try using the hardware renderer and see if you can tolerate the shadows. If not, you'll have to use the software renderer until a fix is released.