Joystick to use with PS2 emulator
Hi to all, I installed on my pc, the last version of PS2 emulator and I have two Logitech Cordless Action Controller for PS2 (G-X2D11) to play with it, but I am having a problem with the controllers because they are being recognized by Windows XP but aren't synch between receiver and controller, therefore I can't play with the emulator. My questions are:

1) Can I play PS2 emulator with the keyboard? How should I configure it?
2) Can I play PS2 emulator with other gamepad than PS2 controller I currently have, to be clear...if I buy USB PC gamepad to play PC games, can I use also with PS2 emulator? The PS2 emulator only works with PS2 controls?
3) What is the difference between analog and digital controls?

Thank you very much in advance
Federico

Sponsored links

1: you can, but not recommended
2: Pcsx2 works with ANY usb controler
3: please explain your question better
1. you can play with keyboard, and you can bind your controls however you like.
2. im using SL-6555-SBK, plain cheep usb gamepad and it works great
3. digital = 0 & 1
analog = 0 - 255

it means that analog detects how "deep" you pushed button or moved stick, for example ps3 and xbox360 triggers/sliders and thumbsticks are analogue, thanks to that you can for example "accelerate by just a little bit" in racing games, and normal buttons are digital, digital have only 2 possible options, "its pressed" and "its not pressed"
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
Thanks for your response

1) OK! understood
2) Do you recommend some type of gamepad to purchase? I didn't know that to play PS2 emulator could be do with any control, in that case I would have bought a gamepad to use with PC games and the PS2 emulator.. Sad
3) I read in different post that there are analog and digital controls, but I don't know the differences; I would like to know to buy the correct gamepad

Thanks again
Federico
(09-06-2009, 09:52 PM)nataq01 Wrote: 1. you can play with keyboard, and you can bind your controls however you like.
2. im using SL-6555-SBK, plain cheep usb gamepad and it works great
3. digital = 0 & 1
analog = 0 - 255

it means that analog detects how "deep" you pushed button or moved stick, for example ps3 and xbox360 triggers/sliders and thumbsticks are analogue, thanks to that you can for example "accelerate by just a little bit" in racing games, and normal buttons are digital, digital have only 2 possible options, "its pressed" and "its not pressed"

Thanks Nataq01, after I posted my replied, i saw your answer about differences Digital and Analog controls, then I understand that analog is better than digital.

Regards
Federico