Just a curiosity to fullfill...
hi Smile,

just finishing in building my new pc (E8400@4ghz) and the first thing ive installed is pcsx2 Smile.
since im waiting for a shipment with the new graphic card (a fresh 4890 Toxic) im trying some games with my old card, a 7300gs.

is it normal to get slow fps on heavy games like gt4? (getting no more than 40 fps)

if so, i have to assume the "cpu/gpu" ratio is working here, but the gpu gets more relevance in heavier games than it does in liter ones (like ffantasy etc.).
right?

Sponsored links

Yeah, the 7300 is ollllllllllld. Just wait for your new one, and enjoy Laugh
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
yeah your 7300gs is limiting you.

a 4ghz c2d should get at least 60fps in gt4 (when the gpu isn't limiting it)
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
It really depends on how the game was programmed, it's not so much that "flashier" games guarantee a GPU bottleneck. First, when the game runs check at the top of the window. If it says "CPU 99%" or close to it, then you know the GPU is the issue. You can try running the game at native res or turning on "8-bit textures". See if that gets you anywhere till your new card comes in.

Offtopic~ Nice Yakumo avatar cottonvibes. I used to sub School Rumble for Wannabe fansubs before it got licensed years ago.
during 3d sequences the cpu is indeed steady on 99%.
not only, the game goes the same speed in software mode, and its even nicer to see ^_^