Just a small question
First of all I read all the faqs and I'm still not satisfied with the information on my question so im posting it though it is kinda on the do not post side.

I was selling my ps3, ps2 and pc so I could get a new gaming pc,but my doubt is that if I go for an octa core amd processor will pcsx2 run properly?

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers

edit: since you people say that i need to own a ps2 to emulate it, i have decided to keep it (i was never going to get what its worth to me anyways).

Sponsored links

For emulation you are always better off going intel rather than AMD
^ Depends on your budget.

Yes, Intel is overall better. But an AMD Vishera chip @ 4.2Ghz or higher is enough for 95% of games, and costs a LOT less than most Intel chips.

Another option if you are JUST interested in emulation is the very cheap unlocked Pentium G3258. It only has two cores, but with an overclock, those two cores are so ridiculously fast that it handles PCSX2 nicely. And it's only 70 US dollars. However, if you plan to do PC gaming too, I'd steer away from it.

Really it depends on what your budget is, so what are you planning to spend?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
you can't run pcsx2 if you don't have your PS2 anymore.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^ Yep, he's right. I missed that. You gotta have at least a dead PS2 in order to play PS2 games, and if it's dead, you need to have gotten your BIOS from it before it died.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
hmm ok then ill have to keep my ps2. I was getting kinda worthless offers anyway. since i am from India, i cant put my price out in dollars. lets say i can get something like AMD fx 8350 or slightly better\worse (4-4.2 ghz, octa core) and a zotac nvidia GTX 770.