Just can't manage to make it work
Hi all,

I have an issue with pcsx2 for Mac. I tried looking for a thread about it but I couldn't find any solutions.

As explained in the guide, I downloaded all of the files (NVidia CG framework, xQuartz and the PCSX2 package) and installed them. Then nothing works. I tried simply double-clicking the app in my Applications folder but nothing happens. Then I tried launching it via xterm with the code provided in the "how to run" thread, but again the terminal answers "No such file or directory"...

I have no idea what else to do, after one hour of looking for a solution on the internet. I really hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,

Jack

Sponsored links

if its saying no such file or directory, i think there might have been a few instances in the past where this came up when the pcsx2 name was either capitalized or small case. don't really remember which way, but make sure your character sizes are correct too.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

(07-25-2011, 02:32 AM)mubbsy Wrote: if its saying no such file or directory, i think there might have been a few instances in the past where this came up when the pcsx2 name was either capitalized or small case. don't really remember which way, but make sure your character sizes are correct too.
The fact is that when I choose "Show Package Contents" on pcsx2.app the ain't no folder called "bin", the directory just doesn't exist. The only folder in there is called "Contents".

How can the same installer install different packages on different computers? I don't get it...
Have you checked out this thread? Not sure if it would help, but its worth a shot.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-The-appli...won-t-open
This thread might help too:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-don-t-want-to-work
(07-25-2011, 06:28 PM)flurgle Wrote: Have you checked out this thread? Not sure if it would help, but its worth a shot.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-The-appli...won-t-open
This thread might help too:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-don-t-want-to-work
It was VERY helpful. The Leopard version of the software seems to work.
As soon as I manage to backup my FFX I'll let you know if everything works. Thank you!
(07-25-2011, 07:02 PM)Jack Harris Jr Wrote: It was VERY helpful. The Leopard version of the software seems to work.
As soon as I manage to backup my FFX I'll let you know if everything works. Thank you!

Yeah, I am running the snow leopard version I think but I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some people.
Ok, so I set the bios folder and select the bios. Then I select my ISO, I try to run it but I get this errors twice: "Can't create gsLog.txt" and "GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code: -1".

I tried installing the plugins but I couldn't figure out how to do it properly. When I double-click them they ask me to select pcsx2.app, but when I do nothing happens.

Any ideas about how can I solve this new issue?
First, make sure pcsx2 is already open. After you open the plugin and select pcsx2.app, it should install automatically, so it looks like nothing happens, but just close your config window or restart PCSX2 and go back to the config window to select the new plugin

As for the plugin, are you talking about ZZoglPG 0.1.0? That is the most recent graphics plugin. Get it from the downloads page if you haven't already. Zedr0n also released a new PAD plugin so get that too.

And I believe the GS error is your graphics, so something with your graphics isn't working out right. Hopefully the new plugin will fix that.
I downloaded all of the latest plugins and did exactly as you said, but still they don't seem to work. Pcsx2 still doesn't recognize any of them, even after closing and reopening it.

One more thing: each and every time I open the "config" menu a message tells me "Could not open 'bios/' directory", even if I set the folder where I have my bios every time.

Getting more and more puzzled.
Any ideas?