Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my hands on an old favorite
I'm talking about Juiced 2 HIN. This game is simply amazing, and that comes from me simply recalling the fun i had playing it on the PS2. So today i dug it out and put it in PCSX2. Seems like the game's a bit heavier than i expected. Here's what i've learned so far:

1) Videos stutter, a lot. Unrelated to the framerate, it just seems to be unable of syncing them properly.
2) All the roads are pitch black. This is likely a GSdx glitch, since it does not occur while in software mode. Haven't tried hacks or clamping yet, but i doubt they'd make a difference.
3) The game appears to have cheating protection. No matter what i just cannot get a solid address to work on, i'd say it randomizes everything with each computation, making elimination searches a dead end. That's really sad though, i really wanted that 100 million dollars boost.

So as i mentioned, the game seems to rely rather a lot on the GPU. With the usual speedhacks on, EE is around 50-70% while GS is always stuck to full, except for the main menu where it's the only place i can get a normal 60 fps. I'd ask for advise on how to relieve some of that tension, but i don't think there's much to do; x2 scaling is the lowest i'm willing to go. I seem to be getting a constant 40-50 fps in races, so it isn't THAT horrible. I may be switching to a newer and a tad more powerful ATI soon, so we'll see how the situation develops.

These are all my thoughts for now, just wanted to share. Toodles!

Sponsored links

Get a better GPU? You didn't give specs so I'm not sure if you're running this on an ancient ATI PCI card or a GTX 690.
Oh, no no no no no Tongue

I'm currently running ATI HD4890. It's fairly strong but it's a few years old now. My new one will be an HD5850. Upgraded pixel shaders and GL support, yay!
why upgrade to a 2 generation old architecture from a 3 generation old architecture?
(09-10-2012, 05:28 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: why upgrade to a 2 generation old architecture from a 3 generation old architecture?

because those cards perform good for a cheap price these days, my gtx 480 (2 gens old) is still in the top 10 strongest cards on this planet of nvidea
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
not really, not for pcsx2 anyway

the cheaper 5850's are 128bit bus, which would be a downgrade from the 4800
Good thing mine has a 256 bit bus then. An upgrade all around.
(09-10-2012, 05:39 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: not really, not for pcsx2 anyway

the cheaper 5850's are 128bit bus, which would be a downgrade from the 4800

the ati cards you mean? well pcsx2 doesnt like ati to begin with so yah.
nvidea is always a good choice in terms of pcsx2.
------------------------
------------------------
(09-11-2012, 10:12 AM)warWeeny Wrote: the ati cards you mean? well pcsx2 doesnt like ati to begin with so yah.
nvidea is always a good choice in terms of pcsx2.

I don't have a choice regardless. I don't have money to be buying new hardware and i won't for a while, so i'll make do with what i have. And i'm not paying squat for the replacement, so who cares about nvidia really Tongue
(09-11-2012, 03:20 PM)Coornio Wrote: I don't have a choice regardless. I don't have money to be buying new hardware and i won't for a while, so i'll make do with what i have. And i'm not paying squat for the replacement, so who cares about nvidia really Tongue

maybe because nvidea is still the best gpu manufacturer? (no really not being a fanboy here)
it still makes the best gpu's and doesnt cheat on lowering the quality settings like ati/amd does to get more fps on benchmarks.
the driver support was/is terrible and i know people suposedly doent have the problems i have but i know what i have experienced.

not that this comment matters much tho because you already have bought the videocard upgrade....
------------------------
------------------------