Just wondering...
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum, thought i've been following this site for more than a year now...

I've like to say congrats to the dev team for such an amazing job. I am really excited with how this project is getting better with every new release. Keep up the good work.

I know most of you might be bored about the same question being ask by almost every new member, but i can't help it Blush

I was wondering if this specs would let me use the emulator...

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz
1 GB RAM
RADEON 9600 SERIES
Windows XP

Thanks to all for your time, and sorry for asking the most annoying question ever... again Rolleyes

Cheers Happy

Sponsored links

Run Yes but very slow, better for you to stick with your ps2 console.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-08-2009, 11:35 PM)Register Wrote: Run Yes but very slow, better for you to stick with your ps2 console.

Thanks for the fast reply ^^ that's too bad, i was hoping to be able to play with the emulator.

I got no controllers (both broken XD) i guess i'll have to go out and buy some new ones Tongue Until the Emulator will allow lower spec machines to play better (hope it's able ^^)

Cheers and Thanks again^^
I don't think the emulator could raise it's emulation speed, because of the power needed by the emulation itself.
(05-08-2009, 11:28 PM)rasdel Wrote: Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum, thought i've been following this site for more than a year now...

I've like to say congrats to the dev team for such an amazing job. I am really excited with how this project is getting better with every new release. Keep up the good work.

I know most of you might be bored about the same question being ask by almost every new member, but i can't help it Blush

I was wondering if this specs would let me use the emulator...

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz
1 GB RAM
RADEON 9600 SERIES
Windows XP

Thanks to all for your time, and sorry for asking the most annoying question ever... again Rolleyes

Cheers Happy
I run it on
intel pentium 4 HT CPU 3ghz(overclocked sometimes)
2gb dual channel RAM
Radeon 3850 AGP 512MB @ stock + oveclocked

and i dont get amazing FPS so it's probably better you upgrade

hope that gave you an idea of what your looking at as of performanceSmile
i know this is old thread, but I happen to have a third experimental old system i'm using with old parts that just runs (Don't get me wrong I have a 775 E8600 system with a 9800gtx, and someday an i7 with a 4870), but I'm waiting on an old 478 motherboard someone gave me for free and was wondering..

would pcsx2 in any way run on this

Pentium 4 Prescott 3.00GHZ - Overclocked to 4.0 GHZ with Hyper-Threading On
4 GB 3200 DDR1 @ 400 MHZ
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP Overclocked to 750 etc
Asus P4SD Mobo

Or would it still definitely suck?????Blink

Cause I'm peicing together this old thing for a "friend"...and was just curious if it's usable or a waste of timeSad

ThanksSmileSmileSmile

edit: i'm only asking because I went directly from Celeron 2.4 to E8600 when I discovered pcsx2 and from mx440 to 9800gtx+OC - I never got experience the joys" of a 3.0 ghz single core or Hyperthreading for that matter...so it's still sort of a mystery to me...
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram
Gigabyte EP45 UD3L p45 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC Edition

Asus 1201N Quad-Thread CPU @ 1.6 GHZ /Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Soon...
Any single-core CPU will most likely struggle with PCSX2, even clocked at 4Ghz. Not sure how much effect hyperthreading has on PCSX2, but it's definitely no where near as effective as having 2 cores. You *may* be able to play some 2D games at decent rates with speed hacks etc., but I wouldn't be too optimistic running PCSX2 on Socket 478 hardware.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-15-2009, 10:22 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Any single-core CPU will most likely struggle with PCSX2, even clocked at 4Ghz. Not sure how much effect hyperthreading has on PCSX2, but it's definitely no where near as effective as having 2 cores. You *may* be able to play some 2D games at decent rates with speed hacks etc., but I wouldn't be too optimistic running PCSX2 on Socket 478 hardware.

That's about what I figured... thanks
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram
Gigabyte EP45 UD3L p45 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC Edition

Asus 1201N Quad-Thread CPU @ 1.6 GHZ /Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Soon...