Just wondering why this is happening on 0.9.6
On 0.9.4 and 5 I always used savestates to check how new rev. of the emu/plugins works without inserting the game disk(just load the savestate on some game and play for a while without the disk)

Now on 0.9.6 on almost all of my games when I try to use some savestate without the disk I get "CDVD READ ERROR" almost immediately after I load the state and pcsx2 crash.To avoid that after I load the state I have to immediately press Esc and then Run=>Execute(two or three times)to avoid the crash.

For example,if I do that I can play whole boss battle on ToA if I do only normal attacks or normal arts(not magic)

Is there is a way to avoid doing that(Esc=>Run=>Execute)to avoid crash.

Sponsored links

as they say fix it here you will break it there because of that i keep some of the old version
But with the old versions I won't get the speed and compatibility of the current ones.
That probably happens because newer states save less info to make them smaller, thus less sectors. This isn't really a bug, since you're not supposed to run anything without the disc/iso.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Bositman Wrote:That probably happens because newer states save less info to make them smaller, thus less sectors.
Thanks for the info
Bositman Wrote:This isn't really a bug, since you're not supposed to run anything without the disc/iso.
Using disks kills my fps on most of the games and to have image on every game that I'm testing...my hdd is small(80GB)and I only make images of games that I actually play.

BTW I do have the games,I use them to create the states(not download the states from somewhere)
500 gb hard desk is not cost to much in this days why you not get one in my country i get it by 66 $
(05-02-2009, 11:50 PM)dark king Wrote: 500 gb hard desk is not cost to much in this days why you not get one in my country i get it by 66 $

1.I don't need bigger hdd
2.If I had money I'll upgrade my PC rather than buying bigger hdd
3.It's really hard to find IDE hdd here,most of the hdd's are SATA2 and my Motherboard support only IDE and SATA(not 2)
oh your mother board is to old
(05-03-2009, 12:11 AM)dark king Wrote: oh your mother board is to old

My whole pc is old(btw when I was getting it,SATA2 was new thing,not like now)
My motherboard is ASUS P4P800-F