KH 2 Final Mix + and KH Re:CoM
I'm just wondering, since KH2FM+ and Re:CoM are both japanese games and can only be played on japanese PS2's, is this a software or hardware limitation? I finally found my version that I imported at the release, and I want to play it again in glorious 1080p.

I have a PS2 that I bought when it came out and a japanese PS2 that I bought a couple years after that and I know how to dump the bios. I am not asking how/where to get it.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is region free meaning it doesnt care what region the bios or game is from it will just run the game no problems.

I have been running both just fine using a USA bios on my weak intel pentium dualcore E2180 running at 2.0/2.3 depending on wether or not I over clock using clockgen. They both run at a solid 60fps for me
You did not answer my question. I asked if I region locking for the PS2 depended on hardware or software. If it is hardware, that means the bios doesn't matter, if it is software, then that means I need a Japanese bios to play japanese games.

I also didn't ask how well it ran on your computer, or how it ran at all. I have an i5 2500k and two gtx 580's, I don't even need to ask if I can run this.

Do I need a Japanese bios to play a Japanese game, or can I play it on my US bios?
What a nice attitude you have there, what else need to be explained? If your question is strictly about PS2 then you're on the whole wrong forum dude.
(02-09-2012, 08:56 AM)Protoman Wrote: You did not answer my question. I asked if I region locking for the PS2 depended on hardware or software. If it is hardware, that means the bios doesn't matter, if it is software, then that means I need a Japanese bios to play japanese games.

Do I need a Japanese bios to play a Japanese game, or can I play it on my US bios?

I'll try to answer :

"PCSX2 is region free meaning it doesnt care what region the bios or game is from it will just run the game no problems."

er...Actually, can't do better than topken....

Or you just posted in the wrong section.
moved to off topic.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I wasn't asking about the BIOS compatibility, I was wondering if PCSX2 required a Japanese BIOS to play a Japanese game. If region locking was software based, then I would require it, if it was hardware based in the form of a chip, then I don't need it.

So I don't need my Japanese BIOS to play a Japanese game? I would have just tried it myself to avoid asking questions, but I'm not getting home until this weekend.
no, because pcsx2 is region free.
Any bios will work with any game except the very first japanese 1.00 bios
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I also stated that I was running both which as you pointed out are Japanese games just fine on a USA bios so I did answer you question in multiple ways
PCSX2 is region free so it will run any region game with any region bios. Yes, it's the 5th time someone tells you so in this thread, I wonder if you're even reading the replies or just asking the same thing without reading?
[Image: newsig.jpg]