KH2 Hardlock
Exclamation 
So I've been playing KH2 for hours without a problem. I'm at Space Paranoids (the Tron world) for the second time and heading over to the Database. As soon as I activate the computer at the Database the emulator window goes black, the last sound playing freezes, and my computer freezes completely. No mouse control, no toggling the numlock light on my keyboard, nothing.

Same thing when I turned off the speedhacks. Troubleshooting or insights would be appreciated.

specs:
Windows XP x86
3gigs RAM
AMD Brisbane +5200 2.8ghz
GeForce 8800GT

Graphics:
GSdx 872m (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.12
Windowed
Hardware
Shader 3.0
No Interlacing
4:3
D3D res: 1024, 1024
NLOOP (gray)
Texture filtering
vertical sync
logZ
Alpha correction

edit: kind of moot now. Something happened to my save slot.
"Pcsx2 encountered an error while trying to load the savestate and emulation had to be aborted."

*sigh* that's like 10 hours of gameplay down the drain. I should have been using the ingame save system and redundantly saving.

Sponsored links

Even with save states you should always perform memory card saves... For cases like this one.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Gentleman is right. I feel sorry for you, but now you will know to use both savestates and ingame saves. I learned the same lesson with Final Fantasy X.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(02-26-2009, 02:35 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Even with save states you should always perform memory card saves... For cases like this one.

(02-26-2009, 03:05 AM)With Teeth Wrote: Gentleman is right. I feel sorry for you, but now you will know to use both savestates and ingame saves. I learned the same lesson with Final Fantasy X.

i agree also...especially the serious scenario in Valkyrie Profile 2--->like in Surt volcanic caverns if you have only a save states w/o normal *.ps2 saves
you won't survive this one...i just almost got "Permadeath save state"
better have a establish normal memory card file(*.ps2)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I had encountered this isu with savestate when i play with various games at time with same memory card or memory card become unread/corupt for specific game. The best we can do is playing one game for one memory card and savestate at time.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Hard locks that turn the screen black (or green) are usually caused by your video card drivers or DirectX. So my first suggestion is to try using a different GS plugin (when you get to the crash spot) .. either a different version of Gsdx, software Gsdx, or ZeroGS. Also try with MTGS disabled.

Especially sine it seems entirely predictable/reproducible, it's most likely a bug (but could be a driver issue also .. so hard to tell with these things). So it's a matter of isolating the cause.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I'm in Aladin's world right now without any freeze or crash of this kind. Like Air said, Probably it's a video card issue
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
well he said in space paranoids, not agrabah (but it might be as Air said, an issue with the driver or directx)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I found a savestate from 2 hours earlier, and worked my way back to Space Paranoids. Same thing (this time I have the save on the memcard). I tried switching from Gsdx to ZeroGS but the same thing happened. I'll try software mode, though it probably won't help.

Other people were able to get through the whole game, so I'm worried that this crash is unique to me.

Thanks for the input so far.

@Butz_san: Can you send me a copy of your memcard once you get past Space Paranoids?
well i haven't gotten that far but i have already passed where butz_san is. Smile (i'm about to go to space paranoids)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja