KH2 Slowdowns at certain times
Hi there, sorry for another one of these threads from a first time poster..
I have tried the last couple of days just messing with settings and googling
for answers and havent found a whole lot that will help with my situation.

Basically. KH2 runs fine for the most part, at ~60 fps until I get into certain battles. First slowdown is the battle with Axel in the lab where he summons a lava floor. When I do the reaction command "clear light" to get rid of the lava floor, fps returns to 60 fps, as shown in the images below, as well as my pcx2 settings and CPU/GPU info.

[Image: VocWb.jpg]
[Image: TefMW.png]

Also, when he summons his lava floor, my GPU usage stays at 95%-100% then drops down to like 30% once the lava floor disappears. CPU load stays under 50%.

So it seems like my GPU isnt strong enough, but I was just wondering if there are any special configs or anything I can try out that will help out.
Thanks

Sponsored links

Play with the speedhacks and hope for the best. Your gpu is too weak to handle that scene that's why you see 95-100% on the VU.
It's clearly your GPU that can't handle the load, thus none of the speed hacks will help. I guess it's normal for that low end GPU even in native resolution
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ahh i guess its as i expected. Kinda wierd how what it seems is a texture with glow can bog down my the GPU like that. Thanks for the replies tho.
It's not just a texture. There are effects which manipulate the textures.
It gets calculated by the pixelshaders which takes a lot of GPU power.
So it's normal that it slows down on certain effects.

Also:
Installing Windows 7 and using DirectX10 can give a speedup since your graphic card supports DX10.
(not mentioning Vista cuz it sucks Tongue2)

(09-27-2011, 08:34 PM)tuanming Wrote: Play with the speedhacks and hope for the best. Your gpu is too weak to handle that scene that's why you see 95-100% on the VU.

The VU gets emulated by the CPU, not GPU.
So if his GPU is the bottleneck he'll see GS at 95-100%.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

not just that, but the effects also need the framebuffer bandwidth necessary to write and read the data from the vram at a high speed.

the 2400 is choked by a 64bit memory inteface in most cases and only operates at around the 6.4-9GB/S