KH2 best settings? Read guide and have a POWERFUL PC!
First of all thank you for pcsx2. 640x480 is not okay for games anymore. KH2 looks crisp, clear, and beautiful. But runs like crap at very specific times.

I also would like to compliment the audio department. I have a set of 7.1 virtual surround headset, OH MY GOD. I actually can spaciously hear where Xemnas is based on his position on the screen. It felt like something out of the Red Devil marvel comics. I HEARD his location. I never thought a console, or even a PC GAME could do this. But this did something I never imagined, on a console sold over ten years ago emulated on a pc. JAW DROPPED. PANTS SOILED.

Best.
Sound.
In.
A.
Game.
I.
Ever.
Heard.

My specs.
AMD 965 BE. O.C. 4.4 GHz quad core.
16 GB DDR3 1666 MHz ram (yes I have a permit for that)
GIGABYTE 790FXTA-UD5 Mobo
GTX 470 Fermi
SSD Boot drive, 32GB Croshair thing. Don't remember model number
ISO on other HDD, checked and got 40-90 MB read. Not bad, but not good either.
Win 7 64bit
Logitec g32 7.1 headset

Now before you ask, I have 16GB of ram because I run VM's in ram.

The Skinny.
The game runs GREAT 99% of the time. When there is a fade to other screen thing it messes up. I go from 60fps to 14 fps, sound crackles, and yeah.

My settings.
Audio => 7.1 and Cubic, Hermite or Catmul. They sound similar. I can tell the diffrence between Cubic and Catmul, but not Cubic and Hermite. I feel Catmul is for "epeen" but I don't know.

Video =>
Internal Rez 1920x1080 External 1920x1080
*1280x720 external with internal the same looks the same. Its for "epeen"
Texture filtering on
8bit greyed out
DX11

My video card control panel is set to performance, if set to anything else the "fade" zones go to 4 fps instead of 14.

Any ideas, a save point is exactly 1 min away from where it would happen so every change takes a while. Is there anything I'm doing thats dumb I'm not noticing? I think I should be able to handle catmul because it doesn't effect non fade zones.

Anyone who has done KH2 would know what I am talking about.

Sponsored links

how far into the game are you? i just started, played for an hour without any hiccups, perfect speed, and no bugs of any kind. I dont know how i7 @ 3.5 ghz compares to phenom @ 4.4 ghz, but kingdom hearts is definitely not a gpu intense game most of the load is on cpu, well so far with my setup i ran like 7 different ps2 games all at full speed, i use 1920x1080 in all of them, but if u have good gpu resolution has little impact on speed (really depends on game). Some games are just not fully compatible yet, so running like crap at specific times is probably normal, like i run FF12 full speed through the whole game but when bosh uses his strongest quikening at the end of it the flps drop to like 10, and thats the same on my i7 @3.5ghz and exactly the same on my P8700 @2.5ghz, that means that its just an emulation issue and theres nothing you can do to speed it up. As for pcsx2 configs, i pretty much use the same settings for all games, except enabling ffx fix to fix videos.
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
(11-25-2010, 09:22 AM)vdgamer Wrote: how far into the game are you? i just started, played for an hour without any hiccups, perfect speed, and no bugs of any kind. I dont know how i7 @ 3.5 ghz compares to phenom @ 4.4 ghz, but kingdom hearts is definitely not a gpu intense game most of the load is on cpu, well so far with my setup i ran like 7 different ps2 games all at full speed, i use 1920x1080 in all of them, but if u have good gpu resolution has little impact on speed (really depends on game). Some games are just not fully compatible yet, so running like crap at specific times is probably normal, like i run FF12 full speed through the whole game but when bosh uses his strongest quikening at the end of it the flps drop to like 10, and thats the same on my i7 @3.5ghz and exactly the same on my P8700 @2.5ghz, that means that its just an emulation issue and theres nothing you can do to speed it up. As for pcsx2 configs, i pretty much use the same settings for all games, except enabling ffx fix to fix videos.

Well it only happens at like 4 points in the game.
Now I'm looking for a "secret hack" that makes it beautifully HD.

Also...
Can you edit the EE clock?
Why cant we make it run a little faster then it does to make things happen faster?

Can u make the ps2's cpu moar powerful that its emulating?
No.
Well a kid can dream.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
And I reccomend the headset man, it'll change ur life. If ur spending all dat $$ on fast parts u might as well get a decent sound setup. No sound card needed.
bamp

sadfghn
So.... what's your actual problem? Any screenshots? What's the EE/GS% numebrs when you get the problem?
It's difficult to understand from how you describe it but sounds like some kind of throttling in your computer or something.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64