KH2 lag
I downloaded everything like I was supposed to and when I get KH2 up and running, aside from some graphical things I can live with, the game lags alot at certain intervals (ie map changes, anything complex actions, even when the triangle symbol appears over an npc it lags a bit).
It does run stable (60fps) sometimes, but when it lags it goes anywhere from 30 to 59 fps.

I think my system is good:
Windows XP sp3
AMD phenom black quad core x64
4gb ram (tho only around 2.5 actually show up)
2 nvida geforce 260's

any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored links

what speed is your phenom?
what are your plugin configs./emu version
have you enabled the speed hacks?
I just used one of the speedhacks, intc speedhack, and that kinda helped a bit.
I dont know what you want for my plugins, I've downloaded everything that the directions on the homepage said. pcsx2 0.9.6
and for my phenom, I dont know what you mean... does 2.5 ghz tell you anything?
It should be running pretty much fine, there may be a problem with your settings.
By the way you should update to Vista 64-bit, because XP can't use more than 4GB of RAM, graphics card RAM included.
(04-02-2009, 08:43 PM)DrDaxxy Wrote: By the way you should update to Vista 64-bit, because XP can't use more than 4GB of RAM, graphics card RAM included.

In case of PCSX2 it matters little.
(04-02-2009, 08:43 PM)DrDaxxy Wrote: By the way you should update to Vista 64-bit, because XP can't use more than 4GB of RAM, graphics card RAM included.

ok, I've settle this arguement before.. I'll do it again. there are ways that ANY windows OS will take up more than the limit, but they have to be enabled. yes, the ram is there, YSE XP/Vista/ etc. will use it, it just won't show you that it has it available.
(04-02-2009, 09:44 PM)Saiki Wrote:

ok, I've settle this arguement before.. I'll do it again. there are ways that ANY windows OS will take up more than the limit, but they have to be enabled. yes, the ram is there, YSE XP/Vista/ etc. will use it, it just won't show you that it has it available.

4GB limit isn't related to OSes. It's rather a 32bit architecture limitation related to physical address allocations.
but 32bit XP/Vista can use over that, that's my point.
I believe im using 64 bit XP...
Not sure though.
Any tips on how I can get it to run better?
If you tell me what you need to see, I can give it to you