KH2 running perfect then suddenly slow
Hi everyone! I am a bit new to using pcsx2 and everything was running fine but now i need some help.
I started playing KH2 and it was running perfect. I got to Hollow Bastian i saved my game then I had to run and do something so i just left it on. I was gone about a hour and I came back and closed the game for a little bit. When I went to play it again it started up just fine but when it loaded my saved game the fps dropped to 20-30.
I tried messing with multiple different setting and it didn't make any difference. I all so tried starting a new game to see if it was just that world but it did the exact same thing even during the opening scene.
It can't be my computer cause it was working just fine then just dropped out of nowhere. Plus I did not change anything setting or anything to my computer or pcsx2 within the time of leaving, closing the program then opening it again.
Does anyone know what could have happened?? I have been searching for solutions but haven't found anything. PLEASE HELP!!

pcsx2 1.2.1

Windows 8
Intel Core I5 CPU @ 1.60Ghz 2.30GHz
RAM 4GB
64 Bit

My graphic setting:
Renderer- Direct3D11
Interlacing- Auto
Resolution- Natve
Texture Filtering- Filled

The attachments are other setting I have. Other setting i didn't list are at default.

Sponsored links

Moving to general discussion and support.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
laptop cpu.. use my guide perhaps?
(06-12-2014, 08:43 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Moving to general discussion and support.

I tried the most recent build to see if that made any difference but it didn't it is running the same 20-30fps as it was with 1.2.1
Run CPUZ and take a look at the frequency that the CPU is running at and try changing your power plan to high performance as well.

I am thinking heat is making the cpu throttle downwards that is why I suggest you look at the frequency
(06-12-2014, 09:31 PM)Topken Wrote: Run CPUZ and take a look at the frequency that the CPU is running at and try changing your power plan to high performance as well.

I am thinking heat is making the cpu throttle downwards that is why I suggest you look at the frequency

If I am looking at the right thing the frequency is 798.1 MHz I know a decent amount about computers but there are some things I don't know. I 798.1 a good or bad thing? That may sound like a supid question.
I did change my setting to high performance as well and it did help it its not nearly as slow as i was before. Not quite hitting 60fps but bouncing around 40-50fps is there any other setting that may help?
Yeah sounds like your CPU is throttling down if the Frequency is at 798.1 it basically means its running at 798.1mhz instead of the rated 1.6ghz.

What does the Frequency read now that you have your Laptop set to High Performance?
You should also check your temperature.
It is probably throttling down because your CPU reaches the maximum allowed temperature.

If you have an Asus Laptop, then I'm not surprised that this could be the reason.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

That part i was looking at is DRAM frequency 798.1
There is NB frequency that changes around from 798.1 to 1795 and 2593.8
That is what it is showing at high performance.

I do have Asus laptop.
Laptops are aggressive in power reduction polices, using a performance power plan is a must when running highly demanding applications. But then is strictly necessary to be careful about temperature.

Using fan powered pads is helpful to keep the nominal speed yet the CPU will throttle down if the temperature limit is reached and there is no solution to this other than trying and keeping the temperature bellow that limit.
Imagination is where we are truly real