KH2FM PCSX2 Frame Drop
I've recently downloaded the latest version of PCSX2 and decided to play some Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on it, since I'd recently built a new desktop pc. I installed the 60 fps hack along with the widescreen hack, and everything seemed to be ok. Numerous times, however (may it be walking around in a world or beginning a fight), the fps will drop down past 60, sometimes as low as 45 fps. I never had this problem on my old laptop, which specwise was decent. I can't recall what settings I had it on at the time of playing, however. Current PCSX2 settings are attached to the post and specs for both my laptop and desktop are as follows:

Desktop specs:
GTX 1060 3gb GPU
Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 ghz CPU
8 gb ram
760w (I think?) PSU
idk if there's anything else worth adding tbh Tongue

Laptop specs (ran perfectly at 60 fps on here):
GTX 960m GPU
Intel i5 2.3 ghz processor

Current PCSX2 Settings are attached as screenshots: (EE/IOP, VUs, and GS were left default)

(Also sorry if any comments I make are idiotic, etc. I'm new to forum posting, but I'd say I know at least basic knowledge of computers/specs/etc.)

Thanks for anyone's help Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The 60 FPS patch makes the game a lot more demanding. I'd say your system is a struggling a bit too much because of the patch.

Also your 'GS' settings are not default. It doesn't come with 200% Base Framerate Adjust. That should be at 100% unless you always want a game running faster than it should be running as. (Assuming the system is strong enough to do so).

How does the game run for you when you disable the 60 FPS patch?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(08-06-2017, 10:23 AM)Ryudo Wrote: The 60 FPS patch makes the game a lot more demanding. I'd say your system is a struggling a bit too much because of the patch.

Also your 'GS' settings are not default. It doesn't come with 200% Base Framerate Adjust. That should be at 100% unless you always want a game running faster than it should be running as. (Assuming the system is strong enough to do so).

How does the game run for you when you disable the 60 FPS patch?
I mean, fine at 30, I'd just like to have played it in remake form (that is, like the ps3/ps4 60 fps remake, whicever one it was released on first) It should run fine, considering my older laptop had 0 problem with it, I just can't seem to find the difference between what settings I used there, and what I use now.