Katamari Damacy (JP) issues
Hi guys, firstly I'd like to say nice work getting PS2 emulation so far!

I got Pcsx2 0.9.4 today and have spent the time to read the plugin guide and FAQ and experiment a bit with plugin options.

The issue I am getting is the graphics go really funky when you actually start playing a level. After much experimentation I found an option which fixes things.
If I disable the VU1 recompiler the graphics come out perfect, but the performance impact kills my framerate (it was reliably doing 50-60 and without recompiling the VU1 code it drops to about 2).

Is there anything I can try to fix this?

My computer specs are:
CPU: Intel core 2 duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
Mem: 2GB
GFX: Nvidia 8600GT with 512MB VRAM

My gfx plugin config is:
GSdx 872m
Windowed
DX9 - Hardware
Shader 3
No interlacing (though it doesn't seem to hurt to turn it on)
4:3 aspect ratio
Native internal res
NLOOP hack - grey (it was grey by default so i didn't touch it)
Texture filtering ON
Alpha correction ON

I have the CPU config at default (but if I turn off the VU1 recompiler the game works at a painful speed)

If I have missed any important information please tell me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. I tried searching for 'katamari' and for 'VU1' in the forums and didn't find any hints so far.

P.P.S. I'm using the Japanese bios, but the result is the same if I use 'Run -> Execute' or 'File -> Run CD/DVD'

Sponsored links

It is a known issue,nothing you can do about this for the time being I'm afraid...The devs know about it but it's one of those bugs which are pretty rough to fix
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-20-2008, 10:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: It is a known issue,nothing you can do about this for the time being I'm afraid...The devs know about it but it's one of those bugs which are pretty rough to fix

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I should give up on playing this game for a release or two, btw I note that in the compatibility list it's down as playable. Is that correct? I guess technically it's playable at 1 or 2 FPS lol.

I just played shin megami tensei 3 for about 2 hours, and it worked; all be it at quite a slow rate.
Not sure why it's playable in the compatibility list...maybe you can fix it in 0.9.4 with some obscure patch,but i don't recall something like that
[Image: newsig.jpg]