Poll: Keep or Drop legacy SuperVU
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it.
32.00%
16 32.00%
Drop it.
68.00%
34 68.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Keep or drop superVU
(08-14-2014, 11:33 PM)Clank Wrote: Well, if said games work with sVU right now, since it isn't like it is going to be updated by anyone whether we keep it or not, so people can just download 1.2.1/2 and use that to play those games until mVU improves enough to play said games.

Then those people might miss improvements that affect those games (graphical glitches fixed or the like) but are made after 1.2.1 though. I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't play the games that supposedly require sVU but it seems that for the overall improvement of the emulator it'd be best for someone to find the games that don't work on mVU but work on sVU and then find a way to get them working on mVU before removing sVU. If it's removed first, the statement to someone asking about the game may just turn into "go play it on 1.2.1" rather than "let's fix it on the current version so we can remove sVU to clean up the code a bit." That is, if the goal of cleaner code is a good motivation.

Sponsored links

if drop svu you will need some new gamefixed hack to fixed some ps2 game does not work with mvu

but will create lot of problem for developer because need alot of time to calculate,issue,code,bugfixed so on....... may takes many years to fixed it!!!
My opinion would be to keep it, but drop it from the main branch. I don't know how much sVU contributes in finding and fixing issues in games, but it does help run a few games that mVU seems unable to properly emulate, one of which i know of is True Crime: NY City. That game however is slow to a crawl so even though it runs almost properly under sVU it won't be anywhere near playable at the framerates it gets.

So go ahead and take it off, just make sure you don't lose it. Tongue

I wonder if it could be turned into some sort of plugin >_>
It can't be a plugin Wink
It also doesn't contribute to bug finding anymore, as at least I haven't had any luck with it in my only game with mVU problems: True Crime LA.
In both recs we now simply TLB miss on the main menu but some time ago when it was going in-game, sVU simply had different issues than mVU.
(09-22-2014, 09:30 AM)rama Wrote: It can't be a plugin Wink
It also doesn't contribute to bug finding anymore, as at least I haven't had any luck with it in my only game with mVU problems: True Crime LA.
In both recs we now simply TLB miss on the main menu but some time ago when it was going in-game, sVU simply had different issues than mVU.

Drop it like it's hot.

Cleaner, simpler code = happier developers.
Never mind.
After heavy searchs in the forum.
Using the 2 research systens (mybb and google)

I only found this games using Super VU.

*True Crime Streets of New York-But still imcompatible.(Avaliable for pc)

*Sly 2: Band of Thieves-People said to use Super Vu for fix some shadows problems and others little issues.

*Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories-No sure,the most news threads talking about having 2 years old,2 and 6 months old.(Use for solve bugs and others issues)

*Shrek 2-for work,passing the menus.
(avaliable for pc )

Being only 4 games(One game just for fix some problems,other game still very broken anyway and kingdon hearts ,not sure+Shek 2)Super Vu looks like deprecated.

Should hardly have others more for this list.

Every game tested by me,never needed use the Super Vu.
I don't suppose anyone can easily acquire copies of these "broken" games and see if they are still broken on MicroVU and if so, donate them to a developer to see if they can be fixed.
(09-28-2014, 09:27 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: ...
*Sly 2: Band of Thieves-People said to use Super Vu for fix some shadows problems and others little issues.

I have this game (PAL) can you link the post detailing the issues?
still superVU can be faster for some games even if it is not more compatible.