Poll: Keep or Drop legacy SuperVU
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it.
32.00%
16 32.00%
Drop it.
68.00%
34 68.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Keep or drop superVU
(09-28-2014, 09:27 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: After heavy searchs in the forum.
Using the 2 research systens (mybb and google)

I only found this games using Super VU.

*Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories-No sure,the most news threads talking about having 2 years old,2 and 6 months old.(Use for solve bugs and others issues)

I have an NTSC copy of Re:CoM, I could test it out with superVU. What are the issues people were having?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

(09-29-2014, 11:36 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: I have this game (PAL) can you link the post detailing the issues?

I have the NTSC version of Sly 2. Funnily, compared to PCSX 1.2.1, the devel version runs it at full speed without the overwhelming lag it used to have, so YESSSSSS.

However GSdx casts NO shadows at all. SuperVU works flawlessly too, except it's much slower by about 30% on the EE. Only way to fix the lack of shadows seems to be software rendering, which also runs much faster, so whatever got fixed that was causing the lag must have been something at the core.
the super vu doesnt work well in most games than micro recompiler.
its better to remove it and relieve the complexity to give more improvements
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Here are materials of games which seem to be enabled SuperVU I found using wget and grep(*) from threads of Public compatibility list. I'm not familiar with SuperVU and don't have confidence how I distinguish these descriptions, therefore, what I can do is to list up them as materials for complete list. (Improved from original post #26.)

(*) grep options:
- Regular expression: "Super *VU|svu"
- Ignore case

Ape Escape - Pumped and Primed [SLUS 21096] (U) #3
Tried some things -> change round mode or microVU to SuperVU - no change.

Butt Ugly Martians - Zoom or Doom [SLUS 20527] (U) #3
Hmm, this title works with sVU 1 (and software rendering).

Butt Ugly Martians - Zoom or Doom [SLUS 20527] (U) #4
Hmm, this title works with sVU 1 (and software rendering).

Butt Ugly Martians - Zoom or Doom [SLUS 20527] (U) #5
Requires SVU1 and software mode on gsdx, otherwise graphics are completely broken.

Crash Bandicoot - Nitro Kart [SLUS 20649] (U) #2
VU1 must be in SuperVU mode or game will not load. Switching to it while ingame will make it instantly hang.

Crash Tag Team Racing [SLUS 21191] (U) #2
VU1 must be in SuperVU or game will hang at menus. Gets ingame and crashes shortly afterward.

Crash Twinsanity [SLUS 20909] (U) #3
VU0=superVU Recompiler

CSI - 3 Dimensions of Murder [SLUS 21655] (U) #3
is supervu the same too?

CSI - 3 Dimensions of Murder [SLUS 21655] (U) #4
is supervu the same too?

Dancing with the Stars [SLUS 21676] (U) #2
Must use SuperVU. Hangs on menus if MicroVU is on.

Digimon World 4 [SLUS 20836] (U) #2
VU1 must be in SuperVU mode or game will hang after some reads before intro screen.

DT Racer [SLUS 21095] (U) #2
Must have VU1 in SuperVU, as MicroVU doesn't run at all. Ingame is very slow and has spiky shadows and texture corruption.

DT Racer [SLUS 21095] (U) #3
Comments:Warning-To Game Works Needs-Change the Micro VU compilator for Super VU Legattus Compilator.

DT Racer [SLUS 21095] (U) #6
Maybe it works with MTVU if you have MicroVU enabled, but if you don't it only works with superVU.

Extreme G3 [SLUS 20302] (U) #2
Must use SuperVU recs. Game will freeze after intro screens on MicroVU.

Fisherman's Challenge [SLUS 20553] (U) #2
Must use SuperVU to get ingame. MicroVU hangs after choosing to start tournament.

Frogger - The Great Quest [SLUS 20257] (U) #5
Also: Tried sVU yet?

Frogger - The Great Quest [SLUS 20257] (U) #6
Does this title need the SkipMPEG hack? That'd be very sad news ><
Also: Tried sVU yet?

Yeah, it needs SkipMPEG. And yes, I tried SuperVU and the SPS was still there.

Frogger - The Great Quest [SLUS 20257] (U) #7
Did you still have SuperVU1 selected? because it looks buggered for me in that but fine in MicroVU

Frogger - The Great Quest [SLUS 20257] (U) #8
Could have sworn I tested with both Micro and Super VU settings. It's looking fine in MicroVU for me now too.

Guitar Hero - Metallica [SLUS 21843] (U) #2
Must use SuperVU, as MicroVU doesn't get past the first loading screen. Tested various fixes and chop/clamp modes and can't get past loading screen going ingame.

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLES 51192] (E) #9
Game will not go past memory check on default emulator settings. If SuperVU legacy is used, the game can progress to the menus and will work correctly up until that point.

The VifCmd errors that appear when running the game do not seem to be causing any problems during the intro, and there are no more TLB misses reported. Using the SuperVU however seems to reduce the size of the visible screen, leaving white garbage on the space to the right and bottom of the window.

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLES 51192] (E) #13
Also I never got any different results with the superVU Recompiler, not sure why it worked like that for Coornio.

IHRA Drag Racing - Sportsman Edition [SLUS 21256] (U) #2
Using microVU causes all graphics to be missing except statuses. SuperVU has broken graphics and race never starts.

Killzone [SCES 52004] (E) #2
Distant fog (and objects) is tinted yellow on some maps - I don't think it's meant to be. Occurs in both software and Direct3D11 (Hardware) modes. I tried switching both VUs to the superVU Recompiler, which fixed the fog colour, but caused PCSX2 to crash less than a second after entering gameplay (in both software and hardware mode).

Knockout Kings 2001 [SLUS 20150] (U) #3
Comments:Freezing in loading,can be setting to be freezing in menu later changing for Super Vu Legatus Complilator.

Motocross Mania 3 [SLUS 21229] (U) #2
If MicroVU is enabled, it does some reads and hangs on this error: microVU1 Warning: Branch in E-bit delay slot! [0068]. On SuperVU and interpreter it hangs after some reads with no errors. Tried various fixes and clamping modes with no change.

RPG Maker 2 [SLUS 20340] (U) #2
Crashes as soon as you go outside. I've tested with MicroVU and SuperVU (as well as other fixes).

Shrek 2 [SLES 52379] (E) #3
Also try SuperVU or the vu interpreter to see if it gets further.

Shrek 2 [SLES 52379] (E) #5
okay noting that supervu for vu1 is required, changing status ;p

Sled Storm [SLUS 20363] (U) #4
This is now fixed in r5477. Also i found while testing, the missing polys at the bottom of the screen can either be solved by using "extra" VU clamping while using MicroVU or switch to Super VU with normal clamping. That said, SuperVU is a MUCH faster option (i'm talking about 20fps faster) if you aren't able to use MTVU.

SuperVU will throw up an assertion error, but if you hit ignore it goes away and it's happy forever then ;p

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [SCUS 97198] (U) #3
Don't know for this version but for the PAL version this game run much better with SuperVu instead of microVU, it run at fullspeed on my FX-8350, and do not activate Allow 8 bit texture because it will make the GPU load really too high even for a Radeon 6950.

I'm wondering if the devs can do something with the performance of this game which are really better on SuperVu than microVU.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [SCUS 97198] (U) #4
SuperVU is optimized for speed, where microVU is optimized for compatibility, so you choose which one you need.

True Crime - New York City [SLUS 21106] (U) #2
Ingame is a mess of missing and broken graphics with MicroVU1. Software mode is slightly better, but still very broken. VU1 must be in SuperVU and software mode on.

True Crime - New York City [SLUS 21106] (U) #3
I was playing this yesterday, it works fine if you set VU1 to SuperVU1

True Crime - Streets of L.A. [SLES 51754] (E) #2
You need software mode to see intro screens. Needs superVU recompiler to be able to move on the menus or PCSX2 will freeze requiring to be killed from task manager. Even if you are able to browse menus, game will freeze after like 5 or 6 seconds and console shows lots of (EEpc:00277D98) TBL Miss errors. You can eject the memcard on 1st slot skipping the profile creation and get to the loading screen, but it will crash PCSX2 before going ingame.

True Crime - Streets of L.A. [SLUS 20550] (U) #4
Super VU Legatus Compilator(in the 2 options.)

Unreal Tournament [SLUS 20034] (U) #2
Must use SuperVU or game will hang on loading screen going ingame.
+1,for taking time on reporting this tadtadta Biggrin
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i voted for remove because all my ~100 games don't need it.
Also from the above list i played Unreal Tournament just fine with microVU.
(10-02-2014, 12:19 PM)andutrache Wrote: i voted for remove because all my ~100 games don't need it.
Also from the above list i played Unreal Tournament just fine with microVU.

yeah since, it is a burden to coders its best to remove and those who like super vu can still try older revs
- Refraction
RPG Maker 2 [SLUS 20340] is okey on micro vu.

woal,I myself have had some updates in the Compatibility list,but not remembered,luck that this all documented.

Motocross Mania 3[SLUS 21229] (U) was reported to only work in Zero Gs,because GSDX is terrible for him.using micro vu.

Perhaps should have given a look in the gsdx with Super Vu,but i did not .

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Motocross...#pid325902

Knockout-Kings-2001[SLUS 20150] (U) Even in Super vu still unplayable.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Knockout-...#pid367930
(10-02-2014, 01:35 PM)s.sakash Wrote: yeah since, it is a burden to coders its best to remove and those who like super vu can still try older revs

The developers was remove recently the Zero Gs plugin,but still having few games working better in Zero Gs than in Gsdx.

For exemple-
Prince-of-Tennis-Smash-Hit-2 (work perfect,)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Prince-of...PM-65454-J

Lupin-the-3rd-Treasure-of-the-Sorcerer King
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Lupin-the...3-U--30032

And some few more.
(10-01-2014, 06:15 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: I have an NTSC copy of Re:CoM, I could test it out with superVU. What are the issues people were having?

WAs something related to shadows,and freezes.

But i think Possibly have been overcomed.