Keyboard Shortcut[SOLVED] & Random number question
Is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly full reboot a game or will I have to modify the .ini?

(Doing some RNG abusing on FFXII Tongue )

Sponsored links

PCSX2 don't have a hotkey for this but if you want,you can use the program AutoHotkey_L to restart the game with this script

Code:
~F10::
SetTitleMatchMode,1
IfWinActive, GSdx |
PostMessage, 0x111, 128, 0, , GSdx |
Return
It's using the F10 key to reset but you can change it to some other key.
128 mean full boot and 129 mean fast boot
(08-24-2012, 12:12 AM)vsub Wrote: PCSX2 don't have a hotkey for this but if you want,you can use the program AutoHotkey_L to restart the game with this script

Code:
~F10::
SetTitleMatchMode,1
IfWinActive, GSdx |
PostMessage, 0x111, 128, 0, , GSdx |
Return
It's using the F10 key to reset but you can change it to some other key.
128 mean full boot and 129 mean fast boot
Many thanks.
Do I append this to the .ini or make it a standalone script in notepad? (I'm assuming .bat if Notepad)
Read my post again...you need to download the program Autohotkey_L,make an .ahk file,paste the code inside the run the script with AutoHotkey_L

Edit:
I can also make an exe from it but you must tell me what hotkey you want to activate the reset and what do you want to do...fast boot or full boot

Having the exe you won't need to install AutoHotkey_L
Works like a dream.

Thanks Laugh
Why do you mess with RNG with FFXII anyway?

If it's just for cheating, better use an editor:]. You can get one for FFXII here, it also works as a trainer allowing editing the game on the fly making any kind of cheats pretty much obsolete in this game;P.
(08-24-2012, 12:35 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Why do you mess with RNG with FFXII anyway?

If it's just for cheating, better use an editor:]. You can get one for FFXII here, it also works as a trainer allowing editing the game on the fly making any kind of cheats pretty much obsolete in this game;P.
Don't paticularly want to cheat.

RNG is part of the game. Cleverly manipulating it falls outside of the category of cheating (and by cleverly manipulating, I mean reading someone else's guide on how the RNG works and what signs to look for).
I was doing the same thing on my PS2 on Suikoden 5.
There is one boss battle that gives you tons of EXP(it's perfect place for leveling up)but the problem was that the boss appear again after you beat it only after restarting the game(not going to the tittle screen by any way but restarting the game like with this method)

I can easily use some cheat for quick level up,but this way feels less like I use cheats(when using cheats games becomes boring really fast).
Still cheating;].

Dunno why people want to categorize cheating on more and less "legal" while it's not any kind of sport nor anyone else cares about checking them;P. Maybe if it would be an MMO, but heck I see nothing smart in cheating single player game with RNG while same thing can be done faster and easier by pretty much all other means. Everyone waste his time as he pleases, so I don't really want to know what you two see in that, gl hf;].

Edit:
Gonna repeat myself as an edit to answer the below and any person after who says it's "not cheating". Using bugs or flaws of the system was, is, and always will be just one of the ways of cheating.
Random number generator should generate RANDOM numbers as the name says, hoewer it doesn't as it's not soo easy. That's a FLAW or even BUG of the system. Just becouse you(PyroBunta or any other funny guy) want to give a "special" meaning to his timewasting it doesn't change the fact that cheating is cheating. Doesn't matter if you use built-in codes, modify game's memory, modify save game or use bugs like RNG which isn't random as it should be by it's f.. name. Cheating is cheating. Amen to that;].
It's not really cheating. RNG manipulation is in-game and allows the players to manipulate it. Some use it to get good starting stats, and some to get rare random treasures like the Zodiac Spear. It's no different really like in how you restart to get different gender pokemons in the pokemon games, or winning lotteries in RPGs like Suikoden. They all do the same thing that is resseting the RNG when restarting the game.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti