Keyboard problems & tekken weirdness
Heya, so far ive only tried tekken 4 on pcsx and ran into 2 problems
1 - for whatever reason i cant execute 3+ key moves which kinda sucks for fighting games Sad my key configuration goes a, s, <, z for circle, triangle, cross, square and arrow keys for movement. Ive tried different gamepad plugins but with no success.

2 - this is an odd one, when i start up tekken 4 the ingame fps is like 30-40 and cpu utilization is around 30%, then when i click on the dos looking window cpu goes up to 95%ish and fps jumps to over 100 then i hit esc and put on frame limiter and fps goes to normal, after this i can play for a while until 5-10 mins later cpu drops to 30% again and i have to repeat the process (the frame limiter gets automatically disabled again), kind of odd.. from what i can tell most times this happens after the inital one is with transparency heavy scenes, like lots of windows and such then again maybe its just a coincidence as tekken 4 has alot of those..

pc specs -
gigabyte p965-ds3
e8400 usually @ 3ghz, i sometimes run it @ 4ghz but not because of pcsx
4gb of some cheap ram
8800gts 320mb
vista ultimate sp1

Sponsored links

1) That's a keyboard limitation,windows won't let you input 3 keys at once so you need a gamepad for that
2) Sounds like some Aero weirdness,try turning it off,or disabling any kind of speedstep you might have on
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-11-2009, 02:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: 1) That's a keyboard limitation,windows won't let you input 3 keys at once so you need a gamepad for that
2) Sounds like some Aero weirdness,try turning it off,or disabling any kind of speedstep you might have on

What about ctrl-alt-esc and other key combination windows uses then?

have had aero/speedstep off for a long while
Yeah it obviously has exceptions for special key combinations,but try pressing 3-4 letters at once and see that you'll get the beep sound Tongue
Are you using DX10 mode with GSdx? Have you set PCSX2 in high priority? (should be at normal) Checked if your graphics card is overheating? Your speed issue is pretty weird...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The key limitations is not a windows feature, it is a drawback of how the keyboards are built. You can't do anything but buy a better keyboard (with anti-ghosting), this one allows all keys to be pressed simultanously http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/k...nformation, or you can buy a gamepad, which is cheaper Smile
yes dx10 and normal (have tried others but same deal), today i fired up tekken 5 (ntsc) which acts even more strange heres what i found out:
when i run the game in normal mode the fps is pretty much a solid 50-55, cpu at ~40
when i run it with frame limiter (set to 60) the fps is a solid 59-61 but the game runs like it was ~30, cpu ~30
when i run it with frame skipper its again 59-61 but runs like ~30, cpu ~30
then when i click on the dos window the fps goes up to 100's and looks like it too, i put on frame limiter to 90 and execute and then finally the game looks like its running at its native fps alltho the coutner says its around 90 cpu at ~50
what all of these have in common tho is that after each fight when the characters show off and the ingame cutscenes the fps goes to perfect 60 (and says so too) with cpu at ~60
do you have any speedhacks on? Mellow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
yes, all of them
then try disabling them all.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Same deal except im geting ~10 fps worse real performance