Killzone crashes PCSX2 ...
(01-05-2015, 02:52 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: What's going on is that I'm getting a message again about PCSX2 crashing

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014

While 1.2.1 is the latest official release, It's from February, and apparently there have been reports from April (with 1.3.0 r5886 and I'm guessing later versions too) the crashes were fixed, or at least are better than they were with 1.2.1:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Killzone-...2-U--28524

So it's worth giving a try to a recent development build which you can get from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also notice that at the compatibility list for KillZone NTSC, the version which is displayed is 1.3 and not 1.2.

Sponsored links

avih:

I understand, but not everyone wants to "experiment" and use PCSX2 in beta form for everyday gaming.

That said, any clue as to when the next "official" release will be out? I see that you're a PCSX2 coder, so ... hey, gotta ask.
I can read just fine without extra extra big/bold font, and so is everyone else, so no need for such huge text.

Also, I was referring to this:

(01-05-2015, 02:52 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: Killzone is marked as "playable" in the compatibility list. I am running this game in software mode. All default settings. 3 threads for software rendering.

Mark it as "unplayable." I bought this game after checking the compatibility list, and was a bit disappointed to see that it won't work (i.e. is unplayable).

to which I replied that it's only marked as playable for version 1.3, so if one doesn't use 1.3, one shouldn't expect it to be playable.
(01-06-2015, 05:29 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: avih:
That said, any clue as to when the next "official" release will be out? I see that you're a PCSX2 coder, so ... hey, gotta ask.

global forum rules Wrote:We DO NOT KNOW when the next version will be released. Do not waste our time by asking.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
avih:

Point taken re: the whole version 1.3 thing. That one's on me. Also, I've downgraded the font size (when using names) to "large." OK?

jesalvein:

Forgot about that one "rule." Still wish the PCSX2 team was a bit more active with letting supporters simply know "what's up," though. Thanks.
(01-07-2015, 08:18 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: Also, I've downgraded the font size (when using names) to "large."
that's quite a improvement from last time Tongue
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-07-2015, 08:18 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: Point taken re: the whole version 1.3 thing. That one's on me. Also, I've downgraded the font size (when using names) to "large." OK?

See, you noticed my comment even when I used a normal font size for my entire post. You can assume that people other than yourself share similar capabilities.