King's Field 4: The Ancient City - WORKING
Star 
Alright, for those of you who have been unlucky enough to want to play this game, I'm going to announce something that will hopefully make your day.

In 0.9.4 and 0.9.6, King's Field was playable with very annoying graphical issues.

1) Won't work with SPU2 X 1.1/1.2. Hangs after cutscene indefinitely.
2) Objects are visible through static geometry under GSDX 0.1.14.
3) Humanoids have a plain black texture under GSDX 0.1.14.
4) Objects are visible through static geometry under ZeroGS.
5) Glowing/scrolling/layered textures are not visible under GSDX 0.1.14.
6) Skybox and level geometry have bad artifacts.

However, r1888 and the relevant plugins seem to have addressed most of these issues, and the game is more than just "in-game" status now. It's fully playable (still a bit choppy when loading multiple zones, though...)

Under my system:

Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 ghz)
6G DDR 1333
Nvidia GTS 250 (I know, right?)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I'm having only minor artifacts and slowdowns (runs 99% most of the time, until I cross into a new loading zone, then it dips to 44% and stays there for about five seconds or so) with the following configuration:

GSdx 1873 SSE2 0.1.15
+ D3d9 (Hardware)
+ Blend bff
+ 8 bit textures <- Fixes glitch 3
+ Logarithmic Z <- Seems to fix glitch 2
+ Alpha Correction <- Seems to fix glitch 5
+ Enable output merger blur effect <- Seems to help with glitch 5
+ Texture Filtering <- Helps with glitch 5
ZeroSPU2 r1455 0.4.6
+ Time Scaling
+ Real Time Mode
Lilypad 0.9.9
P.E.Op.S CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0

Europe v2.00 bios

CPU:
+ EERc
+ VU0rec
+ VU1rec
+ MicroVU0
+ MicroVU1
+ Multi-threaded GS mode
+ Frame Skip
Speed Hacks:
+ 2x Cycle Rate
+ INTC
+ IOP x2
+ Idle Loop Fast-Forward
+ Status Flag Hack
Advanced:
+ Chop EE
+ Full EE
+ Chop VU
+ Full VU
+ Flush
+ Denormals Zero

Some of the above may be unnecessary, and even cause slowdowns and more glitches, but it's what I've got working so far. I played for about two and a half hours, used some savestates, got most everything to work just fine, and haven't had too much trouble besides figuring out that the best audio plugin I've got doesn't work.

Like I said, the only issue is loading off the disc. I might try ripping to an iso backup, and trying to run that, but the original disk does *okay*. I'll mess around with a new CD plugin tomorrow, but so far, I'm pleased I can actually play one of my favorite games again... *shakes fist at Korean region-locked PS2*

Happy dying!

Sponsored links

Screenshot thread is where we go to showcase working games (take a picture or to with F8 key ^_^).
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for that tidbit of info. I'm more looking to keep this together as a bit of a "feature journal" open discussion while I try to find the *best* configuration for my system, and maybe get some advice on how to make it run smoother by tweaking settings.
By the way, could you try to look at this game with ZZogl? Just to compare.
I'd do that if you would link me to a windows build of the plugin. I don't want to dig for it.
Use http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4108-post...l#pid78889 .
I been trying to get this game to run, but when I load it up, no matter what it will not start. Im using a direct image ISO copied from the actual game disc to do it.

Has anyone had this problem?