Kingdom Hearts 1 Issue
If anybody can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I recently got the ISO from my Kingdom Hearts disc to play on pcsx2 on my laptop.
Got the best configuration for the game and booted and everything ran smoothly (60 FPS) .
Even the cutscenes startin off were fine, all the way until in the very beginning when Donald & Goofy are leaving Mickey's World for the first time, right after that cutscene, pcsx2 just gets an error on Windows and says "The program has suddenly stopped"
I messed around with the configurations and the same thing kept happening.
I have it running on 0.9.8 & my computer specs are good so I doubt thats the problem.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

(07-26-2011, 11:04 PM)KillaLive Wrote: If anybody can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I recently got the ISO from my Kingdom Hearts disc to play on pcsx2 on my laptop.
Got the best configuration for the game and booted and everything ran smoothly (60 FPS) .
Even the cutscenes startin off were fine, all the way until in the very beginning when Donald & Goofy are leaving Mickey's World for the first time, right after that cutscene, pcsx2 just gets an error on Windows and says "The program has suddenly stopped"
I messed around with the configurations and the same thing kept happening.
I have it running on 0.9.8 & my computer specs are good so I doubt thats the problem.
Any suggestions?

does it always happen at the same point? if so it may be a bug in the game( you may have a bad iso image). I had the same problem in FFX. The game would always freeze at the exact same spots (several of them) I tried having others play the game past these points, saving it and then giving the save back to me but that was very tedious. Eventually a user recommended that I re-rip the iso from the disc using DVD Decrypter (google it). And that fixed the problem for me.

If on the other hand it happens at random spots in the game then I don't know what to say...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
It actually turned out to be a speedhack that was causing the problem, But now that you've said that, I'll try and Re-Rip it, because it does slow up at random spots in the game and it happens more often than not. I'll try that and see if it works.
A bad rip will not cause slow downs, it is your system specs that are not enough probably but you never told us what they are...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Your right, actually was my system (weak graphics card) .
Currently transferred to my MAC desktop and it runs smooth as an actual PS2.
=)