Kingdom Hearts 1- Needing Help - Sprites issues
Hi, I'm looking for help to solve some sprite issues with Kingdom Hearts, bellow are some pics to show them:
[Image: 25oyvwx.jpg]
(Its hard to see, but there are black lines through the subtitles, click the image to see it better)
[Image: 513ek4.jpg]

Config I'm using:
[Image: 332z97d.jpg]

PC specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz 6MB Cache
4GB DDR3 Ram
GeForce GTS 450 1GB 128bit GDDR5

The only fix I found was to use Software mode, but I would like to know if there is a way to use hardware mode (for bigger resolution) without this little issue.
Using Native resolution in Hardware mode + AA also has the flawed sprites

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Try:

1. Enabling Alpha Hack

2. Disable Allow 8-bit textures
(07-14-2012, 08:34 PM)Archerko Wrote: Try:

1. Enabling Alpha Hack

2. Disable Allow 8-bit textures

Didn't work Wacko
In the hacks try enabling the Wild Arms hack to see if that helps (can't remember the name now, not at my own computer to check either).
Try setting the resolution to custom, then set it to 1030x1030
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Nope, problem persists. Its like the sprites, when redimensioned, get glitched
You can't fix it. It's one of the many games that uses a foreign transparency/alpha channels. This means that you get to see incorrectly the places that these transparency pixels are, which is a very common issue in emulators (PSOne/Gamecube/Wii too). I'm pretty sure that in any other than native resolution it won't ever get fixed unless the SDK libraries of PS2 leak that specify how those formats work in detail but even then I doubt that in hardware mode Open GL or DirectX APIs are compatible with such stuff.
(07-15-2012, 03:01 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: You can't fix it. It's one of the many games that uses a foreign transparency/alpha channels. This means that you get to see incorrectly the places that these transparency pixels are, which is a very common issue in emulators (PSOne/Gamecube/Wii too). I'm pretty sure that in any other than native resolution it won't ever get fixed unless the SDK libraries of PS2 leak that specify how those formats work in detail but even then I doubt that in hardware mode Open GL or DirectX APIs are compatible with such stuff.

Hmmm.... means I can only get a perfect emulation in software mode, native resolution?
Bah, this sux =/
But thanks ^^
Yeah same thing happens with Final Fantasy 10 as well when using a higher res then native now way to fix them at all.
I guess I'll just play it in Software mode... but it makes me wish my monitor wasn't 1080, but lower resolution.