Kingdom Hearts 1 crashing issue
The point is not to find a working rev but to find the culprit.
If you don't want to waste any more time,just use the rev on which the game work(you can try GSdx from 0.9.8 on 1.0.0)

Sponsored links

My goal is to help the devs find a fix so that they can fix this problem. If I wanted to, I could have said 'Thanks, bye' after I managed to go past the boss.

My problem is that I can't find the culprit tbh, on 1.0.0, one time it crashes, the other time it doesn't, on the same settings. How would I be able to find the culprit with the random crash issue?
SlasherIT Wrote:My goal is to help the devs find a fix so that they can fix this problem. If I wanted to, I could have said 'Thanks, bye' after I managed to go past the boss.

Then you have to do a lot more testing with different revs

SlasherIT Wrote:My problem is that I can't find the culprit tbh, on 1.0.0, one time it crashes, the other time it doesn't, on the same settings. How would I be able to find the culprit with the random crash issue?

That's the problem...finding a problem that randomly appear is real pain.
Since 0.9.8 works fine but r4819 almost works,then try revs between r4600 to r4819.

Look at the info when it says that the rev contains changes to GSdx.
For example of rev r4819 contains changes to GSdx,you have to test first r4818 and if the problem don't exist(after a lot of testing)then then r4819 is the problem.
If the problem still exist on r4818,you are going to download the previous rev after GSdx changes...r4792 but since on r4792 there are changes one after another to GSdx,you have to try for example r4786.

If the problem don't exist in r4786,then try some newer rev.

As you can see,testing takes time

PS.My internet connection terrible at the moment so this is probably the last post for today
So basically, I have to find all the releases between r4600 and 4819 that contain changes to GSDx and test each until I find the release closest to r4600 that causes problems?

Also, do I only the releases that have newer versions of gsdx, or is there some other change I should look for too?

Thanks.
i think this problem is purely in the realm of unstable system.

can't crash any game no matter how hard i try
Did you try the memory card I posted?

There are many other threads (over 5) with people saying that the Chernabog boss battle causes them to crash. Btw, if it was due to an unstable system, then the game would not run stable for over 50 hours without a crash (of course excluding this boss battle).
sorry, but yeah, it could and i have reproduced numerous times instances where yes, it does.
(08-19-2012, 12:28 AM)SlasherIT Wrote: So basically, I have to find all the releases between r4600 and 4819 that contain changes to GSDx and test each until I find the release closest to r4600 that causes problems?
Yes

(08-19-2012, 12:28 AM)SlasherIT Wrote: Also, do I only the releases that have newer versions of gsdx, or is there some other change I should look for too?

Thanks.

Not sure I understand this(maybe I'm skill sleeping)
The root of the problem is somewhere between r4819 and r4600 because you said that with r4600 the game didn't crash on the boss battle

BTW did you tried the whole r4818 emulator with the plugins and pcsx2?

(08-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: i think this problem is purely in the realm of unstable system.
can't crash any game no matter how hard i try
I'm not sure about that,you could say that the problem appear here almost always before\after the boss do certain attack.

Sometimes it will either crash and the Send\Don't Send dialog will appear,other time the game will freeze and start consuming more and more ram until pcsx2 crash.

While I was testing GSdx revs sometimes it freeze for a second and during that time the ram usage jumps to +100mb or more but after that the game continue...shortly after that the game freeze and start consuming more and more ram.
Alright I understand, I'll try soon going through from r4600 to r4819.

I never tried r4818. I've only tried r4600 (0.9.8), r4819, and the gsdx that comes with 1.0.0.