Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 60fps hack.
It would be a great idea at first to have a way GSDX report separately the internal FPS of the game and the FPS (FPS-VPS) that your PC manages to show, simmilarly to PPSSPP otherwise it's going to be really tough to impossible for alot cases to know which games do that and then if your code actually does anything or not.

Sponsored links

First off I would like to thank everyone in this thread for this amazing hack. It really is amazing.

Second thing is. Does anyone know if it's possible to run the game higher than 60fps?? 90 or even 120fps??. Sure that would be overkill but why not! Smile Unfortunately this is all new to me so I have no experience.

I have a 120fps monitor and my pc emulates KH2 FM at around 290 fps if I take off the limiter.
Maybe you can enable the 60fps patch then use Virgin KLM's method to achieve 120hz, if possible. THat would put major strain on the CPU I think :/
Thanks for the idea. I'll give that a shot and I was forgetting the CPU would be taxed 4x as hard and this wouldn't be just GPU dependant. Whether its capable of running KH2 at that speed I have no idea lol.

Soon find out I guess Smile
I've been playing KH2 with the 60 FPS cheat on PCSX2, and it looks a lot better, but I can't press the buttons in the Atlantica minigames unless I have it disabled.
(12-29-2013, 09:02 AM)MNOLG Wrote: I've been playing KH2 with the 60 FPS cheat on PCSX2, and it looks a lot better, but I can't press the buttons in the Atlantica minigames unless I have it disabled.

Known bug, unpatchable.
(12-29-2013, 09:14 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Known bug, unpatchable.
Which post on this topic lists these kinds of bugs with the true 60fps patch?
During the Atlantica scenes, you can open Cheat Engine at the start of the song, find address "20349E0C" and replace "3F800000" with "3F000000". This will slow down the scene to normal, and it will still be in 60fps. The only downside is that it resets back to 3F800000 for every room load. If only there was a way to "activate" this change whenever a song plays.
Wonder if there is a way to have it activate automatically in those scenes.. Or a way to implement it.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(01-19-2014, 06:05 PM)devina40 Wrote: During the Atlantica scenes, you can open Cheat Engine at the start of the song, find address "20349E0C" and replace "3F800000" with "3F000000". This will slow down the scene to normal, and it will still be in 60fps. The only downside is that it resets back to 3F800000 for every room load. If only there was a way to "activate" this change whenever a song plays.

An ELF hack could make it static for those areas, or I know the room address modifier, it can check that and when it gets a specific value that represents the Atlantica rooms, it can turn the speed modifier automaticaly to the value we desire.