Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 60fps hack.
(01-19-2014, 06:05 PM)devina40 Wrote: During the Atlantica scenes, you can open Cheat Engine at the start of the song, find address "20349E0C" and replace "3F800000" with "3F000000". This will slow down the scene to normal, and it will still be in 60fps. The only downside is that it resets back to 3F800000 for every room load. If only there was a way to "activate" this change whenever a song plays.

I wonder if this would also work with FMVs or do you have to fix that manually

Sponsored links

Nope I'm pretty sure that you can't fix FMV in any way, that's a bug that will stay.
maybe add a conditional code like they already do with FMV's that need software mode to render? something like a "disable cheats on FMV" or something? Just a thought
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(01-21-2014, 05:41 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: maybe add a conditional code like they already do with FMV's that need software mode to render? something like a "disable cheats on FMV" or something? Just a thought

You'll need to inject ASM code to the ELF. It can work without that on PCSX2 but there are far simplier stuff that can be done on PCSX2 that don't happen so I don't really see that happening anyway.

I feel pretty confident that I can do 60FPS patches on a couple of games I have in my mind on PCSX2 that without a VPS counter (internal FPS) this is wild goose hunting.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I can port the 60FPS codes of Kingdom Hearts games on PS3 HD versions! I'm gonna check with my DEX CFW PS3 what's going on in PS3's RAM while playing that game.
(01-21-2014, 10:21 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: You'll need to inject ASM code to the ELF. It can work without that on PCSX2 but there are far simplier stuff that can be done on PCSX2 that don't happen so I don't really see that happening anyway.

I feel pretty confident that I can do 60FPS patches on a couple of games I have in my mind on PCSX2 that without a VPS counter (internal FPS) this is wild goose hunting.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I can port the 60FPS codes of Kingdom Hearts games on PS3 HD versions! I'm gonna check with my DEX CFW PS3 what's going on in PS3's RAM while playing that game.

Maybe figure out how to force 1080p mode and 3D mode too

Laugh
Hmm, wonder how hard a vps counter would be to implement.. I'd ask Asmodean once he's done with his scaling project, he seems to be the new gsdx master haha.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Anyone having an issue in Re:Chain of Memories NTSC-U where enabling the 60FPS hack makes Sora/Riku unable to climb ladders? Turning off the 60FPS hack fixes it. I'm using the latest PCSX2 builds.
Messing with engine-locked frame limits can mess with collision. Such as jumping, object interaction in certain instances. I've noticed this in other console ported PC games that I've done this for in the past. I don't know any work around for it myself personally, unfortunately.
I dunno, I was just curious...

I did find a semi-workaround. If you jump onto ladders, then climb, you can still climb it (but you climb half speed). If you walk up to a ladder and try to climb it, then you can't climb.

Just thought I'd let others know who are having this issue.
The timecode for the animations must be frame-locked. I found atleast one bug in every single Kingdom Hearts game I made or applied a patch for (1,FM+,2,2FM+,RCOM,BBS,BBSFM+,1.5HD)
Most of the times it involves stuff that loads and unloads engines that are perfect-timing-depended for minigames like songs in Atlantica and the Icecream minigame on Disney Castle (BBS/BBSFM+).