Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 60fps hack.
(04-06-2013, 01:47 AM)jediyoshi Wrote: Thanks, normal ntsc works fine.
pal code doesn't seem to be working here though
It's been atleast 2 years since I last tried those codes. The adress may be wrong but for sure there is a speed modifier on ALL versions of the game.

Sponsored links

Can the same be applied to Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix? I would love to play the first game in 60fps.

They say that HD 1.5 was 60fps,but you and I know that isn't true Virgin KLM
Nope unfortunately on both questions.
Kingdom Hearts 1 and it's FM version do not assign gameplay speed modifier on their accessible RAM (could be done with an ELF hack but I have no idea how to do that).
KH 1.5 is 1280x720 @30fps 2D and 1024x720 @30fps 3D. There's no sign of antialiasing too, pretty bored-development fact.
Hey Viring KLM, I was wondering if you'd be able to steer me in the right direction towards applying this to other games?

I'm just curious how you were able to find the value for the games speed, because I'd like to try being able to force other games into 60, and potentially 120fps when they're originally locked at 30.

In particular, I know this is far from related, but I'm trying to do it to Wind Waker in Dolphin. I've tried rendering at 60fps and using cheat engine to force it to run at half speed, but that just results in it displaying at full speed at 30fps but the framerate counter saying 60.

If you've got any tips on how to go about getting started with this, it would be really helpful. Thanks for all the work you've done in the scene.

Edit: And for those interested, here is the difference between the vanilla version and the improved frame rate. (Best viewed in Google Chrome)

Let it fully load first, so that you can compare the frame rate at full speed.

[Image: ibmRWa1HHjOnLA.gif]
Very nice show case. Shame none of us know how to solve the to back background music and the to fast FMV's
Alo81, How'd you record it without the game slowing down?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
The game needs to have a NON DMA address that allows you to controll speed without it you are out of luck. From there you half the value and you get half effective speed but keeping the framerate as it was. Then you change the framecap of the emulator to double speed and it restores the speed to narmal but doubles the frames per second.
Actually, if you have a weak CPU and you want to get the same result and you are OK to play the game in half speed, just put the value that puts the game in half speed and record your footage. Then with Avisynth or something change the metadata of the video from 60Hz to 120Hz. It will double the speed losslessly.

Another thing I just noticed. It looks like not all games on PS2 (if any) or generaly in consoles is importantly LOCKED to the framecap chained to the framerate and speed (something that is widespread told). Take for example PSP, if you underclock the CPU it doesn't mean slowdown, it means less FPS and only that. Now if you virtualy change the framecap from 30 to 60 fps and double the internal frequency it will not mean speedup, i will result double framerate at normal speed. I think they did the same with N64 emulators. It's kinda game specific to find the cap but the result will always be the same. It may cause weird bugs like double speed music or stuff out of sync but the visual result should ALWAYS look the same.

Also, Alo81 the images you posted should look better if you'd render the 30fps one to refresh every 1 second and the 60fps one every half second so they would see the inbetween frames that they are double.
(04-22-2013, 04:53 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Actually, if you have a weak CPU and you want to get the same result and you are OK to play the game in half speed, just put the value that puts the game in half speed and record your footage. Then with Avisynth or something change the metadata of the video from 60Hz to 120Hz. It will double the speed losslessly.

How can I do this with Avisynth? Could you wright somthing up?

Also heres a video I made of it.
I don't use Avisynth really so I can't help, but tell me, doesn't the hack look good? It makes me wonder why they didn't use 60FPS on the remaster, atleast an optional setting.
(04-28-2013, 07:15 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I don't use Avisynth really so I can't help, but tell me, doesn't the hack look good? It makes me wonder why they didn't use 60FPS on the remaster, atleast an optional setting.

Because then the game would be sub-HD 540p and that would kind of ruin the point of an HD remaster
(04-28-2013, 07:45 PM)jadentheman Wrote: Because then the game would be sub-HD 540p and that would kind of ruin the point of an HD remaster
Not really, I believe they didn't do it simply because they didn't want to change the feeling of the game (aesthetics direction-wise) and because it would add some extra work for their 3D function. You can actualy force PS3 to render the remaster on 1920x1080@30 + 2XMSAA with a hacked PS3 and it runs perfectly. Never-ever believe what people say on interviews, I already have concrete proof to prove false 4-5 stuff Square Enix said about a couple of their titles that I bet if I'd say/reveal them I'd end up get sued.