Kingdom Hearts 2 [PAL] Full Playable ?
(02-01-2009, 01:41 PM)mewster Wrote: kh2 finally full playable!!! I LOVE YOU PCSX2/PCSX2ppTeams!!!!! THE BEST WORK EVER (after kh1 playable xD)

XD! Yeah they're the best x3
Need to overclock my computer o-o

Sponsored links

(02-01-2009, 05:21 AM)fontil Wrote: lol doesnt matter for me right now, download visual studios to compile newest Rev so yay for full speed and no glitches xD

How do you do that? ZeroGS and GSdx both have glitches in hardware mode (ZeroGS: blooming, GSdx: sun shines through geometry..), only GSdx in software mode is ok, but slow.
(02-01-2009, 04:53 PM)lightchris Wrote:
(02-01-2009, 05:21 AM)fontil Wrote: lol doesnt matter for me right now, download visual studios to compile newest Rev so yay for full speed and no glitches xD

How do you do that? ZeroGS and GSdx both have glitches in hardware mode (ZeroGS: blooming, GSdx: sun shines through geometry..), only GSdx in software mode is ok, but slow.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373-page-8.html

Compiling guide ;D for newest version <3
So...is there still no fix for 64 bit users? I can't get tortiose to open up when I right click folders, I assume its because its 32bit. Also, everything is still being upated for 32bit only, no?
(02-01-2009, 05:23 PM)fontil Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373-page-8.html

Compiling guide ;D for newest version <3

Thanks, but no need, I compile my PCSX2 versions since a year or so.
I also do not speak of glitches caused by PCSX2, but by the grpahics plugins. As I said, the only possibility I know to get everything rendered correctly is using GSdx in software mode.

(02-01-2009, 05:27 PM)Ranzell Wrote: So...is there still no fix for 64 bit users? I can't get tortiose to open up when I right click folders, I assume its because its 32bit. Also, everything is still being upated for 32bit only, no?

1) There are 64 bit versions of Tortoise SVN out there: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
2) Yes, PCSX2 (playground) is 32 bit only. Of course you can still use it on your 64 bit OS without performance losses.
I've got the tortise version, the problem I'm having now is when I double click the pcsx2_2008.sln file visual studio doesn't open, althought I know I have C++ installed
(01-31-2009, 04:50 PM)kabooz Wrote: Works for Windows only!!!

get visual studio 2008 (C++/express edition is free)
get TortoiseSVN
install both of them

go to playground on google code
click on checkout
copy the "checkout" URL should be "http://pcsx2-playground.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"
rightclick somewhere in a folder or a harddrive
and select SVN Checkout...
paste the "checkout" you copied in "URL of Repository"
hit ok ^^
it will ask you if you want to create the folder ^^ hit ok again
wait for tortoise to finish the SVN download

go in the folder you just created
and double click pcsx2_2008.sln
when visual studio is open set the dropdownlist field in the first tool line to Release VTLB
hit F7 on your keyboard
wait till VS finishes compiling (it will tell you if and how many builds succeded,the first time the succeded build count hould be 2 XD)

after that your own pcsx2 PG build should be in the bin folder(the folder is where the pcsx2_2008.sln is)

if you run in to any difficulties.... just go to the compiling guide on the forum!!!!!!!

EDIT: to compile plugins (from playground) and pcsx2PG use the pcsx2_suite_2008.sln
in the bin folder should be a plugin folder !

I'm new to the playstation 2 emulation scene, and your tutorial right here helped me a lot! Thanks!

Kingdom Hearts 2 really is playable... It runs at around 45-50 fps for me ^^
I finnally got it running and I've got to say, fantastic work pcsx2 guys. I've been wanting to replay this game for ages. Can't thank you enough.
The new emulator is uploaded to the usual site now, just so you lazy people know that you don't even have to compile it anymore.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
After I spent a frickin' day trying to compile it too -__-