Kingdom Hearts 2 lag
Yes but PS2's internal resolutions aren't 4:3 or 16:9 either way and since you play on with or without a widescreen hacks it will ALWAYS look better. You see it's better visualy to take the pixels that won't get rendered 1:1 onscreen and give them to the vertical resolution than lineary increasing the internal resolution resulting on higher resolutions that verticaly your screen can't display. By the way even on a 16:10 or 4:3 screen, AGAIN it will look better since the pixel aspect ratio of the internal resolution doesn't match any of the commercial screen's aspect ratio so you can modify it to the one that fits best your screen.

About the lag in the cam, play with the speedhacks and the multiplication factor of the internal resolution (Try anything between x2 - x2,25 - x2,33 x2,5 - 2,66 - x2,75 - x3)

Sponsored links

Alright I'll try with x2 and see if that causes it.

Now, 2 questions.

1. Why not just set it at 1920 x 1080 for example, instead of doing linear multiplication, which ends up with 9 pixels less horizontally?

2. Is there any reason why gsdx does not do upscaling your way via linear multiplication instead of direct multiplication of the resolution?

Also, yes, I am using the widescreen hack, by cassidy1991 i think. I saw yours, but was afraid to use it but it didn't look complete, please prove me wrong if so though.

Huge thanks man, +rep.
1. My idea is to give better visual results with zero performance hit by mentaining the game's number of total pixels getting rendered internaly.(If you got used to gsdx's performance at those settings) The lineal internal resolution multiplication that gsdx uses may be for some games that accept only linear multiplications of the internal resolution but other than that it's better to use your own resolution manually.

2. I think there are a couple of games that accept only lineal multiplication of the internal resolution, but that's all.

cassidy1991's widescreen hack is the same as mine but I edited some HUD ellements to render in 16:9 and not get streched, like the subtitles that produce artifacts without that hack.
But doesn't it make the game look messed up in a way by setting a custom resolution such as 1080p?

So should I use your hack instead of his? I thought yours was incomplete because you asked for some help on how to solve a certain part that was incorrect or something in that post...
Nothing is messed up at any resolution, don't worry. It's just easier for a noob to select those predefined resolutions than experimenting.

You are free to try this. There's no difference, you don't need to worry about it at all. What I wanted help for was to spot the HUD width that would make it a perfect 16:9 hack. So far nobody found it.
Sorry, excuse me, but how does using any resolution not mess it up? Because u are upscaling from a 4:3 aspect ratio, how will it turn out if u set the resolution to 16:9 such as 1080p and using the widescreen hack? Do you see more horizontally, less vertically, or...

Sorry, emulation and upscaling is not my area of knowledge, OS's are Sad.

Just the HUD width has issues? So I guess I should use your hack over cassidy's then...
There is no upscalling, PCSX2 is not limmited to predefined internal aspect ratios. What you render is what you get. If you render 1920 pixels horizontaly and 1080 pixels vertically you will get a 1 by 1 pixel result in your screen.

The HUD is pretty like the last thing that needs patching and you can call it a native widescreen substitute.
Does that mean you get more viewing distance than native res?

Awesome, I'm switching to your hack tomorrow when I get time to play!
No it means that you render more pixels inside the predefined frame.
Sorry then, last question. When I'm outputting currently at 3x (the gsdx noob setting), the vertical amount of pixels is greater than 1080, so what is happening to those extra pixels when being output to a 1080p tv?

I'll get back to you with my results about KH2 tomorrow.