Kingdom Hearts 2 lag
Hello,

I have been emulating Kingdom Hearts 2, and I am experiencing slowdown and lag. The strange thing is that both Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories both ran fine and beautifully.

I tried both PCSX2 1.0 as well as the latest SVN release and both run the same way. The only changes to my settings are the MTVU hack as well as 3x upscaling.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hardware Specs: Intel Core i7-720QM, NVIDIA GeForce GT230M, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit.

PCSX2 version: already stated.

Non default settings: already stated.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is being run from an ISO.

Thanks.
reduce the resolution to 2x native or to tick native checkbox, that gpu is quite weak.
But it ran Kingdom Hearts 1 and Re: Chain of Memories fine, and Kingdom Hearts 2 has the same graphics as Re: Chain of Memories so...
(09-23-2012, 03:36 AM)SlasherIT Wrote: But it ran Kingdom Hearts 1 and Re: Chain of Memories fine, and Kingdom Hearts 2 has the same graphics as Re: Chain of Memories so...
That's what you think but it's not the case.
KH 2 is known to be more demanding than those 2 other games you mention
I understand KH 2 being more demanding than KH1 as it has better graphics, but KH Re Chain of Memories has the same graphics as KH2 and was released after KH2 as well so that should mean that Chain of Memories can only be at the same level or even more demanding than KH2. Unless Chain of Memories was optimized more or something...
That's highly possible.
I couldnt explain you technically how &why, but kh2 is known to be medium/high demanding.
Better keep playing it on your ps2 until you can afford a better GPU
Determined to use PCSX2, the PS2 ain't holding up well these days Sad.

Anything I can do you know of?
First of all, don't compare the games inbetween them, they are not PC games and even then you can't compare them, there's just so many things behind what you visualy see that makes wrong the whole idea of visual comparisons. Just because it can play a sequel it doesnt mean that it can run an other. The whole engine is re-done, one small thing and it can kill the speed or even make the game not run at all. Second, this game gains alot of speedup from the EE/VU speedhacks, you SHOULD use them, I don't get why you don't use them or tried them. I have an inferior setup to yours and I can run it perfectly at 3x. I would prefer 2x + Antialiasing but this game has a serious issue with antialiasing so the only thing you can do is FXAA and higher internal resolution.