Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts Bug Report - Antialiasing Causes Black Lines
Video Bugs

Just a quick bug report on Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix that, when the Antialiasing HW hack is enabled in any way black lines and off-color squares will appear on the ground around every character.

I saw and enabled the sprite hack with it, but to no avail on either half or full settings - it did nothing.

With antialiasing on at any setting the black lines appear and performance takes the same amount of hit regardless of the antialiasing level (goes down to about 54FPS from the maximum, so I lose about 5 frames.)

It occurs in both SSE4.1 and AVX so far. Others I haven't tested with. I'm using Direct3D11 Hardware mode.

Screenshots :
    Stationary
  •    
    Moving
  •    

Only the playable character seems to have the black lines and off-color squares following him around. Other characters only have the squares.

There are also often flickering background objects, like lets say...the vines covering things around the manor, or some of the textures in the Xemnas dragon - They'll flicker a lot. (Not talking about the antialiasing anymore, this happens without any HW or Speed Hacks).

None of this is really a big deal, and the HW hack itself even says use at own risk so this isn't really a high priority at all - this is just being me, trying to squeeze every bit of quality I can and nit-picking things (I'm the guy who's like "MAKE IT SHARPERRRRRR" or some crap).

Edit : Btw, I noticed that SSE4.2 is available on my computer now but there's no plugin for it yet xD might wanna look into it.

Edit 2 : Also, here is a lilypad error I've found - if you try to walk up/left diagonally it will make him just walk. Basically, he just can't run that way. This only occurs when trying to walk up-left normally though I've had trouble walking other combinational ways too. It seems that walking in any diagonal way gets buggy. I'm using a logitech rumblepad and have used other controllers to reproduce the problem.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

That's the price to pay for using HW AA. A hack, on the hacks section... by mere chance.

As for Edit2, increase the axis sensitivity on the lilypad settings.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Okay. Also, there's one small bug in menus where there will be a small white line next to the hand pointer in menus. Of course, this is miniscule and probably not worth the trouble.

I'm only reporting these things because I feel that the PCSX2 team is always trying to aim for perfection with all their stuff. Just wanted to report these just to take note of them. I play KH more than any other PS2 games, but I'll be playing FFXII in a moment too.

Oh, and one last thing is I'd like to update the report on flickering textures - pretty much in some places textures will just flicker all over the place. I think the best example is the old mansion in Twilight Town - during cutscenes especially, the textures will flicker around a lot, especially the more transparent ones. This is not a problem that follows me around much though so I think people can just learn to deal with it.

Will attempt to increase sensitivity now. Should I use "Windows Messaging" (which is what I have now) or "Raw Input" or "Direct Input" btw?

Edit : Wow, adjusting the sensitivity looks like a bit of a pain since you have to do each input manually...

Expected graphical anomaly, not a bug.
Yeah I suppose. Hacks are hacks. If PCSX2 can run the game at native settings with no problem then I suppose that it can't be considered a bug.

In that case, the only bugs are the graphical flickering and lilypad thing, which occur without any hacks. The rest are just caused by hacks. Just wanted to report it anyway. Maybe you guys can modify the sprite hack to work with KH games.

Lilypad is not a bug either, since it's just the difference between your controller and the PS2 controller. You just have to configure LilyPad properly, which you didn't.

If you have an x360 controller, the easier lazy alternative is to just use another plugin.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(05-27-2012, 01:37 PM)KrossX Wrote: Lilypad is not a bug either, since it's just the difference between your controller and the PS2 controller. You just have to configure LilyPad properly, which you didn't.

If you have an x360 controller, the easier lazy alternative is to just use another plugin.

I already fixed it manually.

Quote:Also, here is a lilypad error I've found - if you try to walk up/left diagonally it will make him just walk. Basically, he just can't run that way. This only occurs when trying to walk up-left normally though I've had trouble walking other combinational ways too. It seems that walking in any diagonal way gets buggy. I'm using a logitech rumblepad and have used other controllers to reproduce the problem.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-xbox-360-...7#pid22077
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I use a logitech controller. Fixed it by tweaking sensitivity.

Try doing the same thing? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]