Kingdom Hearts Chernabog Freeze/Crash, HELP PLZ!
So uh anyone made a bug report for this? Cause it's the first time I hear about it Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Personaly, I never ran to this issue but I heard about it atleast 3-4 times from others.
Maybe it has to do something with the setup causing a leak(?)
Whatever, I'll start the work finding what's wrong, I just need somebody to tell me if DX9 or DX11 should matter, if it does I can beat the boss 2 times for each build, once in dx11 and once in dx9. I know this makes some hundreds of attempts/beats but I'm OK with it really, it's the least I can do for such an amazing project and such a great game.
I can't say if it matters(DX9 or DX11)
SlasherIT said that he tried Dx9,10 HW/SW modes and SSE2 and SSE4 but it still crash\freeze.

Here with Dx9 HW if I try anything newer than GSdx-r4819,pcsx2 will freeze\crash before\after the boss do certain attack(or maybe if you are too close to him when he does that attack).
PCSX2 will do one of those:

1.Crash immediately
2.Freeze and start increasing the memory usage to no end(or till it crash)
3.With GSdx-r4828 and little newer,it can freeze for a second(during that time will increase the usage to +100mb)and then unfreeze but couple of seconds later,it will freeze completely and start increasing the memory usage

With GSdx-r4819 I tried the battle at least 5 times and the game didn't freeze.
SlasherIT said that it still crash for him on GSdx-r4819 like the third way(freeze for a second,during that time the memory usage goes up,and couple of seconds after that,pcsx2 crash)
attach the memory card, i want to look at this :<
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid255506
hmm, won't load into the pal version once converted Sad
what interests me is the IPU1 error that appears in the log during this crash (that i've seen on other reports)

Switching to SuperVU apparently prevents the crash, which could mean its another of the nasty MicroVU bugs cotton left us with

sky_dragon Wrote:I just registered to say thank you for this fix. Changing the VU worked, I'm sure it's not the save states fault as I've been using them perfectly throughout. This freeze seems to happen when the boss uses his gigantic firestorm attack, which is too much for the emulator to render or something (just guessing). I'm quite disappointed though, the emulator was so close to a perfect playthrough until this.

Quote:0.9.8 don't have that problem but 0.9.9

Those who are ignorant to the past, are doomed to relive it.

Cases of crashing during the Chernabog battle have existed since 2010, well before r4600 and it appears nobody has taken the time to perform regression ranging from when Mvu was implemented :|
I guess this is the only thing I didn't try but here is something interesting.
The game work fine only if at least one VU is set to sVU.
1.Both are set to sVU - work fine
2.One on sVU and one on mVU(it doesn't matter which one is set to sVU and on mVU) - work fine
3.Both on mVU - freeze

This is on pcsx2 1.0.0 with GSdx-r5390 SSE2 Dx9 HW
So time to make an mVU bug report Tongue
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Microvu-b...ial-thread
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm not quite ready to report it just yet, when i do i'll include regression ranges.

waiting on a ntsc version of the game to arrive, since i can't find a pal save close to that point of the game.

This shall be all kinds of fun though..... i will have to find a source for revisions under r4000