Kingdom Hearts =D
its possible the bios is throttling due to a really aggressive Overheat protection mechanism

Sponsored links

(07-03-2012, 03:10 AM)Smoshi Wrote: between 72-80c (65c now)

you must not close the pcsx2 emulator for about 20 mins to read the exact peak temperatures.

65c is highly-idling.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I'll give that a try tallbender.
So basically, if it is getting too hot I would need a new heatsink/fan?
That's not too bad.
If your CPU is running at ~70c then you need some thermal paste for your cpu, put it on the silver plate NOT the other side, put some on the bottom of your cpu fan too but not too much or it'll leak over.

My CPU runs at ~45c on high load, mostly cause i clean my pc every 3-4 days, i'm a bit weird like that Smile
When I bought my CPU I bought some articsilver thermal paste.. I covered the top of the CPU and I still have some left. If need be, I will put a little more on and try putting a little bit on the bottom of my fan.

Thanks!

Since we are on the subject of CPU cooling, my heatsink/fan is a little wobbly. I'm not sure if that's normal but it seems loose, but it's not going anywhere. It was like this when I got it. Wasn't sure if I screwed something up but it's the kind of heatsink that you snap in (the 4 little plastic pieces on the corners).
You should not put lots of thermal paste it will have the reverse effect. You should only put as much as a grain of rice on the CPU only. Not the heatsink or anywhere else
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm,
Well, I don't think I put a lot on. Just a thin layer to cover the silver on the cpu.
But if it's overheating, It will actually slow down my cpu? In that case, I'll have to key an eye on my temps.
Can't be losing precious speed ^_^
Ok so I ran Pcsx2 for about 5 minutes and it hit 100c.
Not good. The higher my EE%, the hotter the cpu (obviously).
So.. maybe the heat it causing it to work harder which is causing my slowdowns.

I also ran Smite (new MOBA game in beta) and within the first couple seconds, my CPU temps reached 100c.
Even if that's not causing any slow downs.. it's still not good on my processor.
Actually you should not be running anything if the CPU reaches that temp. Fix your cooling before using straining applications, before your CPU gets fried.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
This is a CPU cooler problem most likely. Check if the thing sits properly and if the fan works and pushes enough air (not clogged in the dust of centuries Tongue2 ).