Kingdom Hearts =D
Yep.
Just installed a new fan. It was too big for my case so I put it in the front, pushing air out the 3 front vents. GPU sits nice at 60c but CPU still hitting 100c.
The thing is, I've been using the same fan since I got my CPU (about 5-6 months ago) so I'm assuming it's been hitting 100c since then.
So if it hasn't fried out now, it probably won't. But I will get new cooling just to be safe.

Edit: Now my CPU temp is giving me false readings. -29c? lol. Still at 100c and now my GPU shot up to 79c.
Just need a new case and more fans apparently.

For the past 6 months I've been playing with my side case off (using dust cleaner once a month because of the amount of dust is accumulates). Just put the side on after installing the new fan, opened it back up, and it's really hot inside so I guess the fans not helping.

Put my hand in front of the CPU fan, and it's blowing some really hot air. Can any of you recommend some cooling for my system? It's an old dell desktop case so it's pretty small. Can't wait until I get the money for a completely new system.

Just saw a cooler master fan for 25$ on amazon. It says it fits for LGA 775 cpu socket so I'm thinking about getting it. Has some nice reviews.

Sponsored links

I've heard horrible stories of DELL desktop build quality, so yea, look into getting that new heatsink or better yet a whole new case Wink
Havent had much curry with their consumer grade hardware, most of it i've thrown in the bin and never looked back

our buisness grade pc's however are fantastic, out of 300 pc's we may get one dead one which is usually replaced within 24hrs
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****