Kingdom Hearts | Game hangs/freezes after boss in Traverse Town
Question 
Hey, I am trying to play Kingdom Hearts, but after I beat the first boss in Traverse Town, the game gets caught, almost as if it's in an infinite loop. I really want to be able to get past this point in the game, but I have no clue how to fix it.

My specs are as follows:
Intel Core i7-5500U CPU
AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series GPU
8G RAM
Windows 7 Pro OS

I'm also playing the game using a Logitech Gamepad F310

I've created a video showing what happens when I play the game

Please help ASAP. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smile

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Can you post the emulog?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
And please post the emuloag after the hang happens.

Edit: Obviously too much time invested in watching the video Laugh
(07-15-2015, 03:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

The version of PCSX2 that I am using is version 1.0.0 for the video, but this problem also occurs on the latest version of the emulator.
For the settings I am using Preset 5, as the game is a bit slow otherwise.
The only game I am trying to play is Kingdom Hearts, and I have not tryed any other games to test if this occurs within them.

(07-15-2015, 04:04 PM)willkuer Wrote: And please post the emuloag after the hang happens.

Edit: Obviously too much time invested in watching the video Laugh

What do you mean by the Emulog? are you talking about the text that appears in the console when you are playing the game? or are you talking about a file that is created on the computer?

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies to this thread. Smile
What is created in the console and what is saved as emulog.txt on the pc under mydocuments\pcsx2 or in the program dir of pcsx2 is the same as long as pcsx2 is running. Since pcsx2 is running while you have the hang just copy paste the content of the console.

Also please upgrade to version 1.2.1 (stable release) or 1.3 (development release) since your version is outdated and not longer supported. (Still this will highly probable not solve your problem)

And please put preset to 1 and validate that it is still hanging. Preset 5 is really hacky and will crash games (I think it is written as that next to the slider...)
(07-15-2015, 04:49 PM)Goombasa Wrote: or are you talking about a file that is created on the computer?
^^ this. in my documents\pcsx2\logs or in pcsx2\logs

please only use 1.2.1 version. 1.0.0 is old and unsupported.

Quote:For the settings I am using Preset 5,
this is probably part of your problem.
try without speedhacks.

I hardly understand why you need to set speedhacks that high.
your CPU should be able to handle this game perfectly without speedhacks... It's definitely strong enough
Ok, this is weird, but at first I had v 1.2.1, but then I downgraded to v 1.0.0. Now that I've upgraded back to 1.2.1, the problem seems to have stopped. I don't know what happened, but Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with my problem. I appreciate everyone's advice Smile Thanks for the help!
I need help, I've beat the game with probably in total 1 problem that all I had to do was dropped the speed hacks before the first boss. But every time I play the hades cup and start back at the 29th seed I go through all 10 seeds and defeat leon and cloud but right after it just freezes third person view right before the next round should start
That's another problem.
Please open your own thread in which you'll post the emulog.txt after it freezes. This thread's hijacking lasted too long... Tongue2