Kingdom Hearts II - 60FPS Hack - FPS Drop
I've recently installed the 60FPS hack for Kingdom Hearts II , and it runs perfectly when not in a boss battle or in a small fight where some "heavy" particles may happear . What happens when i'm in those situations is that the frame rate drops down do 58-40 fps and that cause not even a huge slow down of the game , but the sound also becomes metallic .  This is my PC config and my PCSX2 settings , hope you guys can give me a hand .

COMPUTER CONFIG

i5 3570K @ 3.5GhZ -
ASUS GTX 760 2GB DR5 OC -
8GB RAM -

PCSX2 SETTINGS

[Image: XAQWrVT.png]
[Image: S8AM2gw.png][Image: rS4shrI.png][Image: purAeaq.png]

Sponsored links

The 60 FPS hack is more demanding, 6X Internal resolution would be too far ! try with a lower internal resolution maybe ?

also you could use the MTVU Hack for better speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
you have a very good rig, but KH2 60 fps patch requires a monster rig. since you pushed gsdx internal res to 6x, I wouldn't be surpirsed you are asking too much to your rig.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-01-2015, 02:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: The 60 FPS hack is more demanding, 6X Internal resolution would be too far ! try with a lower internal resolution maybe ?

also you could use the MTVU Hack for better speed.
Even with native resolution i get some frame rate drops in some battles .
Gonna try bring the MTVU hack on .
(09-01-2015, 02:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
you have a very good rig, but KH2 60 fps patch requires a monster rig. since you pushed gsdx internal res to 6x, I wouldn't be surpirsed you are asking too much to your rig.
I really didn't check about the EE% and GS% but i'm going to take a look at that in 20mins when i'll be back playing KH2 .
(09-01-2015, 02:32 PM)DrMundy Wrote: Even with native resolution i get some frame rate drops in some battles .

could you also screenshot your HW hacks tab ? just curious since you have clicked the checkbox which enables HW hacks.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(09-01-2015, 02:37 PM)ssakash Wrote: could you also screenshot your HW hacks tab ? just curious since you have clicked the checkbox which enables HW hacks.

[Image: t5e8O3B.png]

Edit : When it slowed down to 40fps i got EE=40% GS=13%
you are using an old development build, get the latest one from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html (it's way better for Opengl on nvidia gpu)
- Refraction
(09-01-2015, 04:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: you are using an old development build, get the latest one from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html  (it's way better for Opengl on nvidia gpu)

I will play with that emulator for a bit , then i'll tell you if something changed... Can i play with my previous settings or do i have to change something?
Use your old settings with the new suggestions and it should be fine.
- Refraction
By they way i still have some slowdowns ...
Here's an example
Don't know how to make the image bigger so FPS: 42 EE: 43% GS: 21%
[Image: wf8E99g.jpg]