Kingdom Hearts II (60fps patched) - How to speed up gameplay?
I really don't think you are gonna get the 60FPS version running on that machine.

Your APU is quad core, so first enable that speedhack. Then test.

Then try EE cycle rate hack. Then test.

That's about all.

Although why are you so hardcore about the 60FPS hack? Sure it makes it better, but without it, it will run on your machine fine and just as the game makers wanted.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(12-29-2013, 09:05 PM)metalmallow Wrote: I've read a few posts on here of doing just that; emulating an overclock. I have no idea if it's actually being worked on, though... or if and when it will be implemented.

I'm hoping it is. I've seen A playthrough of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix on PCSX2, the user was "wariocamicase" or something like that.
While the entire game ran fine, Even during the times when the screen transistions, and two different parts of the area are shown at the same time, Like the very first cutscene with Roxas's room.
on A real PS2, slowdown occurs when the exact same transistion is done.
However, one part of the game still slows down spectacularily, Right when Xemnas finishes his very last attack at the end of the game, when the screen starts to fade to white, the game slows down severely, Looking as slow as 5-2FPS on A real console.
We definitely need an overclock feature for resource intensive PS2 games.
(12-29-2013, 09:07 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I really don't think you are gonna get the 60FPS version running on that machine.

Your APU is quad core, so first enable that speedhack. Then test.

Then try EE cycle rate hack. Then test.

That's about all.

Although why are you so hardcore about the 60FPS hack? Sure it makes it better, but without it, it will run on your machine fine and just as the game makers wanted.

You mean the MTVU / Muiti-threaded microVU1 hack? I already enabled it.
As for EE Cyclerate hack, when I enabled the hack, starting with the vaule set to 3, The 60fps patch pretty much acted like it wasn't turned on, the ingame framerate dropped to 30-20FPS, but PCSX2 itself speeded up A lot - it said it was running at 60FPS, full speed.
So, when the ingame framerate drops, PCSX2 speeds up?
Does this mean it's easier to run A PS2 game that runs at 30FPS than it is to run A 60FPS PCSX2 game?

Also, why am I hardcore on the 60FPS hack?
Well, i've seen A video on archive.org,
it was the Roxas battle from the Final Mix version of KHII, but the 60FPS hack was on. I thought the game looked beautiful, plain silky-smooth gameplay, Although, as soon as Roxas starts spawning lasers to attack Sora, the FPS drops, it also dropped when Sora used any of his KH1 moves in Limit form. then later in the video, Roxas starts shooting out these blue orbs of energy or something towards Sora, when this happens, slowdown again.
I Figured this video was the hack being used on A real PS2, but if that was just A real PS2, I imagined it would look even better on PCSX2.
So I started A playthrough, on Proud mode, with the 60FPS patch. This started my hardcore respect for the 60FPS patch. I do wish I could get PCSX2 to slow down less with the patch on, if I reach A point where PCSX2's FPS drops enough to make the sound studder, even with the audio synchronizing mode set to Async Mix, then yeah, the patch needs to be turned off.

(I Experienced this once without the patch on an older computer I had,
during the cutscene where Sora confronts Luxord, Instead of Sora saying "You!" normally when all of Luxord's cards are spinning around the rest of Sora's friends, it sounded like "Y-you-u!".)
Well, all I can really offer you at this point is to play on a better machine. PCSX2 is a super demanding application. I have a significantly faster system(you can see it in my profile) than you and some games I can't keep at full speed, even without any 60 FPS hacks or anything.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh. . . Yeah, I Really do need A better PC. I'm grateful that I actually do get 60FPS at all in some cutscenes, let alone gameplay.
The only solution I can think of is changing the screen resolution to A really low one in GSDX, Although i'm using version 0.1.4 of the plugin.
At this point, I Prefer performance over quality, but while setting up A custom windowed resolution, if I go below 512x512 resolution, PCSX2 crashes(?).
(12-29-2013, 09:55 PM)Zack-silvia Wrote: Oh. . . Yeah, I Really do need A better PC. I'm grateful that I actually do get 60FPS at all in some cutscenes, let alone gameplay.
The only solution I can think of is changing the screen resolution to A really low one in GSDX, Although i'm using version 0.1.4 of the plugin.
At this point, I Prefer performance over quality, but while setting up A custom windowed resolution, if I go below 512x512 resolution, PCSX2 crashes(?).

Yeah, I tested this. If I set window res of 256x256 it crashes. I wonder if this is known bug or not?

BUT. The window resolution doesn't affect performance. The resolution that will is in config->video->plugin settings.
I Wasn't talking about window resolution, sorry if I confused you.
The video plugin settings are exactly what I changed,
config->video->plugin settings, just as you said.
When I changed the D3D internal resolution to anything lower than 512x512, PCSX2 crashes. on versions of GSDX earlier than 0.1.4 (I'm not sure about the exact version), I Can go below 512x512 without PCSX2 crashing, however, Kingdom Hearts II won't run beyond the title screen, But Kingdom Hearts I, the only KH game made where Square Enix was still Squaresoft, does run. Why does GSDX 0.1.4 and later cause PCSX2 to crash if you go below A internal resolution of 512x512?
Not normal. And my crash above was my own foolishness. Anyway. With GSdx 0.1.16 I can set 256x256

[Image: 256_zps074ee3ea.png]

0.1.4 is pretty old, I think. Try using the SVN of PCSX2 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and the GSdx included in that. See if that helps.
Well, GSDX 0.1.16 certainly runs better than 0.1.4, It's also got more features.
I Don't wanna make the resolution too low though, I Still wanna be able to read like ingame text and stuff.
I'm certainly getting better performance though. Thanks for mentioning GSDX 0.1.16 to me. It really helps.
But on the other end of the graphics settings, few people play the game with the 60FPS patch, widescreen patch, english Final Mix patch, 1080p resolution with 16x anti-anlising. . .
(Is 60FPS even achivable with today's currently most powerful home computers / gaming PCs on those kinds of settings with said patches?)
Oh, and at the moment, is GSDX capible of displaying Ultra High Definition? For me, anything above 1980x1980 doesn't look any more detailed.
I Tried to take A picture from when I was still playing as Roxas, at 2300x2300 resolution, and I claimed that it was the world's most detailed pic of the game.
Here's A link to the pic(Have to zoom in to get all the detail): http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/megaza...0.png.html
Can you tell me if this looks any more detailed than 1980x1980 or not?
GSDX can display UHD. Check this out. Assume that the base game res is something like 640x448 which is a common one.

2x = 1280 x 996
3x = 1920 x 1344
4x = 2560 x 1792
5x = 3200 x 2240
6x = 3840 x 2688

4k UHD is 3840x2160. You can set custom resolution even higher - up to the highest texture size supported by your card. For most that's 8192x8192.

However, you aren't really gonna notice too much difference setting resolution higher than your internal monitor. There is some super sampling effect from doing this. However, setting PCSX2 res at your monitor res, and using the MSAA hack looks better IMO.

"Is 60FPS even achivable with today's currently most powerful home computers / gaming PCs on those kinds of settings with said patches?"

I can run a lot of games at 6x, or 4x with 4x MSAA. I can't max everything out, but there are those who can.