Kingdom Hearts. Perfect, but moments of framerate/audio stutter
I just configured PCSX2 (using http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-8 ) and tried playing Kingdom Hearts. I'm using the actual PS2 disc if that matters.

The beginning intro cutscene had horrendous audio stutter with the frame rate fluctuating greatly. I initially didn't have high hopes for running the game.

However when it got to the standard playing parts, the game ran at a mostly smooth 60ish FPS. The game is very playable and the combat feels just as smooth as ever.

The only time that it stuttered again was when it loading cutscene-esque moments and other random times.

Examples include when Kairi first speaks to Sora, when you first talk to Wakka, loading of the Destiny Island graphic, and when you enter the shack (with the save point). I stopped playing after I saved.

I only get the audio stutter during frame rate fluctuations (which makes sense as the audio is synced to the video). My main question is that should this be expected? Is there something I forgot to do to further smoothen out the game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs:
(Copied from the emulator)
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 6134 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 04)
CPU speed = 2.672 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3bd
x86EFlags = 28000000

Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Graphic and Sound Plugin Settings:
[Image: rGC14.png]

Let me know if you guys need to know more.

Sponsored links

use imgburn to make an ISO of the game. It'll mosdef fix the loading stutter when reading from the disc drive.

looking at the screenshots you're using atleast vista. so you could use the DX11 hardware setting. might help keep the frame rate up. also the sound should work if settting it to XAudio and if it matters lower the interpolation one notch.

everything else looks okay. Smile
(12-22-2011, 03:35 AM)xstyla Wrote: use imgburn to make an ISO of the game. It'll mosdef fix the loading stutter when reading from the disc drive.

looking at the screenshots you're using atleast vista. so you could use the DX11 hardware setting. might help keep the frame rate up. also the sound should work if settting it to XAudio and if it matters lower the interpolation one notch.

everything else looks okay. Smile

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I made those changes you mentioned and there was no noticeable improvement in terms of the those stuttering issues. However since the game didn't run any worse I'm going to keep those changes you mentioned.

I'm going to try and make an iso of the game and see if that helps. I hope it's not too hard.

EDIT: Just made an iso, it runs pretty perfectly now! Thanks for the help!
do you have any speed hacks enabled?

Also, i can only speak for the NTSC version (if you're playing PAL or NTSC-J)

I have no stuttering when i have the sound set to Catmall (or whatever option 4 is in SPUX)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
The ISO solved his problem as seen at his last post Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh well ignore me then haha, i dunno how i didn't notice that edit.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64