Kingdom Hearts Rapidly Changing FPS
Okay so here are my secs:
windows vista x32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo
4gB ram
have directx11
nvidia geforce 8600M GT

Basically especially during movies, (but also during game play, just not as often), the fps will crash to almost 12... but just as quickly bounce back up to 50 and then drop again... Besides the higher rate of drops occuring during video scenes, i can't see any other patterns.

ohh and my EE raises up to high 90%...

can anyone help me? i'm a bit new

Sponsored links

How fast is your processor? That's important. You graphics card should be fine for Kingdom hearts 1 or 2. Anyway, fps drops mostly during videos. This could be a setup problem. Post your PCSX2 settings, GSDX and SPU plugin settings. If it's not that, it could be that videos are simply more demanding than normal gameplay (improbable, but still possible). Third is something glitchy inside of PCSX2. For example, in the hardware section, you'll see benchmarks that use FFX-2 cutscenes. PCSX2 doesn't handle these correctly, causing massive slowdowns for a specific task. You might be experiencing something similar. Also, the GS and EE percents indicate hardware limitation. If it's that, then enabling the recommended speedhacks helps a lot.
there is also the possibility of some software (anti-virus with random scans maybe?) or some process running in the background and causing this fps drops ...
(02-05-2011, 11:35 PM)Urisma Wrote: How fast is your processor? That's important. You graphics card should be fine for Kingdom hearts 1 or 2. Anyway, fps drops mostly during videos. This could be a setup problem. Post your PCSX2 settings, GSDX and SPU plugin settings. If it's not that, it could be that videos are simply more demanding than normal gameplay (improbable, but still possible). Third is something glitchy inside of PCSX2. For example, in the hardware section, you'll see benchmarks that use FFX-2 cutscenes. PCSX2 doesn't handle these correctly, causing massive slowdowns for a specific task. You might be experiencing something similar. Also, the GS and EE percents indicate hardware limitation. If it's that, then enabling the recommended speedhacks helps a lot.

Processor speed: 2.20 GHz

GSDX:
Directx10 (Hardware);
no interlacing

SPU: Interpolation @ 2
reverb @ 1
module @ 1 (Xaudio 2)
synch @ timestrech

I made pcsx an exception to my antivirus, still lags. ~Also i have never noticed my gs going above 20%.
the very process of scanning ANY file on your HDD, will put extra load on your cpu ...
the load that PCSX2 should be the one behind it ...
I don't know what you are saying
think of it this way (as an example) : your anti-virus is using 1.5 GHz of your cpu for these random scans, so PCSX2 is stuck with 0.7 GHz for a second (fps drops), then the random scan is over, now PCSX2 is free to use all of the 2.2 GHz (your normal fps).
bu i think this is pretty unlikely to be the cause though ...
Anyone with any other suggestions?

Still lagging at video's (and watching videos at 14fps is pretty freakin lame)
Put EE cycle rate to 3 and VU cycle steal on 2 in speedhacks menu.