Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of memories pixelated graphics
First of all, I'd like to thank you very much for the work you've done. I never thought enjoying my old PS2 on my PC would be possible.

Now, to the question. I tried running an ISO of the game Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories on the emulator and it worked perfectly fine, but the graphics in the game were a bit too "pixelated", nothing like the smooth polygons I'm used to see on the console. Is there any options I can choose at the plugin configuration or the emulation settings to make the graphics smoother?

My PC has a Intel i5 processor, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT and 4 GB RAM.

I'd also like to know if you people know a good tutorial on how to get my saves from my Memory Card to a flash drive via the USB port on the PS2.

Thanks again and I'm sorry for any grammar problems in my posts!

Sponsored links

u can enable the "texture filtering" in gsdx setting
but it might causes other problem at the same time
the choice is yours
the video card is a tad old but should be enough to run at 2x internal resolution. You may try custom also, something between 720x720 to 1280x1280, try with values till finding one that is appealing without hitting performance too much.

Using speedhacks moderately may help in some situations (and different games as well), you could try combination of these factors. Just keep in mind that less speedhacks the better, but not always true.

PS: Native resolution looks more pixelated in PC monitor than in a TV, this would be true even with the console itself, but increasing the internal resolution changes the story and the graphics become better than ever could on the console (sometimes. in some games may exist glitches yet with upscaling but...).
Imagination is where we are truly real
I highly doubt you'll be able to get better than native res if you want to keep playable speeds with that GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i think wat he wants is smoother texture, not speed......
(12-07-2012, 05:42 PM)feimeng Wrote: i think wat he wants is smoother texture, not speed......

My bad.
I thought he wanted to play that game. Sry Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Note that compared to the rest Kingdom Hearts games, Re:Chain Of Memories, all of it's cutscenes with no exception are pre-rendered to a resolution like 320x412 and to a terribly low bitrate so you won't notice any difference to the game on those parts plus, if you start now the game you won't notice any difference to the game until you reach for the first time Traverse Town so be patient with the results.
At first I was actually trying to fix the cutscenes, but I soon gave up as nothing I changed at the settings would help me.

nosisab Ken Keleh's advice solved the issue of the "pixelated" graphics in-game, but I'd like to thank you all for your time and help.
pressing F9 would have fixed the cutscenes.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-07-2012, 07:09 PM)refraction Wrote: pressing F9 would have fixed the cutscenes.

They are prerendered in a very low and weird resolution and the bitrate is a joke for MPEG2's efficiency standars, there's absolutely nothing he can do about those, he has to live with that. I hope the HD remake will render those cutscenes realtime.