Kingdom Hearts Slow Play
Ok so I downloaded PCSX2 to play both Kingdom Hearts games and I configured everything to work well (or so I thought). I've troubleshooted constantly but I havent gotten any results. When I load Kingdom Hearts up it plays perfectly fine, video and all, but randomly I will get very slow play and sluggish sound which is followed by perfect play. This happens at the worst times and I have no idea what could be wrong. My specs should be sufficient but here they are regardless:

(BTW I'm using an HP Pavillion dv7-2185dx)

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9000 2GHz
6 gigs of RAM
Vista Home Premium 64 bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Sponsored links

i think your cpu is letting you down, im no expert but i have a quad core phenom 2.4ghz and that barley cuts it sometimes.
(06-30-2010, 05:26 AM)Austic Wrote: Ok so I downloaded PCSX2 to play both Kingdom Hearts games and I configured everything to work well (or so I thought). I've troubleshooted constantly but I havent gotten any results. When I load Kingdom Hearts up it plays perfectly fine, video and all, but randomly I will get very slow play and sluggish sound which is followed by perfect play. This happens at the worst times and I have no idea what could be wrong. My specs should be sufficient but here they are regardless:

(BTW I'm using an HP Pavillion dv7-2185dx)

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9000 2GHz
6 gigs of RAM
Vista Home Premium 64 bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

I don't have this game so I can't say for sure if your machine allows you get full experience with it. The CPU is a bit slow for most demanding games.

Anyway, you should post the plugins you use and their configuration, that's the more useful information to us in order to understand and help tweaking them.

For starters you should disable all speed hacks and play with the internal resolution on the GS, try first native resolution.

From there begin carefully applying the speed hacks, from the less intrusive (normally marked as "recomended") and then the others, I would advise trying first the EE cycle rate on 1 (avoid the second choice, it will break the game). afterward try the first node at VU cicle stealing. The second node may up your FPS but it may be a false positive because albeit the FPS actually going up the timing do not and you get a laggy game sometimes but not in all games.

So, toy with the speed hacks but go easy and don't be afraid to reset them to default and try again if something go runaway.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Here are my plugins and a bunch of other info...I'll keep tweaking around a little bit and see if I come up with something:

****Operating System****

OS = Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack = 1.0
DX_SDK = None Existent

****User's Hardware Information****

GPU = ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Total RAM =0MB

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed = 1.997 Ghz
Cores = 4 physical [4 logical] Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1 Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
****PCSX2 Configuration****
[Misc]
IniVersion=101
Patches On = False
FPU Compare On = False
VU Add/Sub On = True

[Console]
ConsoleWindow=enabled
App Priority = Normal

[Framelimiter]
CustomFps=0
FrameskipMode=0
ConsecutiveFramesToRender=0
ConsecutiveFramesToSkip=0

[Plugins]
GS=GSdx-sse2.dll
-NLOOP Hack = Off
-Logarithmic Z = Off
-Renderer = D3D9 Hardware

SPU2=SPU2-X-1.1.dll
CDVD=cdvdGigaherz.dll
PAD1=LilyPad.dll
PAD2=LilyPad.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll

[Cpu]
Frame L. = Normal
VU1rec on = True
VU0rec on = True
DC on = True
MTGS on = True

sseMXCSR=32704
sseVUMXCSR=32704
eeOptions=1
vuOptions=1
INTC Sync On = False
WaitCycles On = False
IOP x2 C.Rate On = False
Cycle Rate =Default

Report Created: 2010-06-29 22:51:36 Version:1.1.4
Get service pack 2 so you can use d3d10/11 and use sse4.1
What exactly is the difference between the Hardware and Software option?
(06-30-2010, 09:53 AM)Austic Wrote: What exactly is the difference between the Hardware and Software option?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...-guide#Gfx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah thanks. I did what you said AEnigmatik but I'm still getting some lag. Is there anything else I can try?
buy a new cpu like Intel Core i 7 or 5 that should let you play at full speed
Bleh the problem with that is I'm using a laptop so I can't really upgrade the CPU. I guess I don't really have a choice though, my specs just don't cut it : /