Kingdom Hearts freeze - fighting in the beginning
Hi, I just decided I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts, but it freezes in the very first fight against the shadow creatures and I have no idea why. I have searched around for a solution but most people have been saying that Kingdom Hearts runs very well, so I do not understand why mine is not working. Any help at all is much appreciated, and if you need more information to help me, please do not hesitate to ask.

I am running Pcsx2 Version 1.0.0 and a Kingdom Hearts iso that I ripped from my game disc.

Computer Specs:

Intel i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73 GHZ
6GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M

Sponsored links

Post the emulog.txt (either copy and paste it from the pcsx2 window full of text, or the whole thing from the /logs/ directory) from AFTER the game crashes.

Also, when you say freeze do you mean the whole game freezes (audio and video freeze), or just the video (or you can't push any buttons, but the audio plays fine, or do you mean PCSX2 completely crashes (you can't exit back to the menu at all)
[Image: 2748844.png]
The log does not say anything new after it freezes and only the video freezes. The audio still plays perfectly.
(07-11-2013, 01:05 AM)LBJfor3 Wrote: The log does not say anything new after it freezes and only the video freezes. The audio still plays perfectly.

It's not just about it says when it freezes, it can also tell us important things like your PC setup, plugins used, any errors when the game starts (mismatched CRCs, SLUS codes, etc that may identify an unknown or improperly dumped version of the game). It's the reason why it's the first question we usually ask when a game crashes.

That said, if just the audio freezes, that can often be because of a rounding mode error. Have you changed rounding modes or turned off clamping for any reason? (usually disabling clamping gives a speed boost, but it comes at the cost of compatibility). You can try changing the rounding modes in EE and VU sections of the emulator, and also make sure both are at least set on "normal".
Wow, I feel like such a noob lol. My clamping was off for both EE and VU because I played FFX before this and it ran better without clamping. I didn't know turning it off could have negative effects though. It is now working fine on normal. Thanks a bunch!
(07-11-2013, 03:21 AM)LBJfor3 Wrote: Wow, I feel like such a noob lol. My clamping was off for both EE and VU because I played FFX before this and it ran better without clamping. I didn't know turning it off could have negative effects though. It is now working fine on normal. Thanks a bunch!

No problem, ran into that myself a few times back when I had a lower end PC and I'd turn clamping off to get a bit of a speed boost.
(07-11-2013, 06:56 PM)Koji Wrote: No problem, ran into that myself a few times back when I had a lower end PC and I'd turn clamping off to get a bit of a speed boost.

Hey Im having a problem with Kh1, Im playing the tarzan level and i just beat clayton and then i get to the key hole.. it goes through its video cut scene and its freezes..I can hear ocean noises and such and the words owww my head. is stuck on the screen but i can pause the game? idk what to do i have clamping on and i have the speed hacks idk what to do HELP PLEASE
Make your own thread please.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD