Kingdom Hearts help - slowdown problem
So I'm trying to play Kingdom Hearts, and it works fine. But when turning the camera to face certain directions on the beginning island, the framerate drops like crazy. So I've tried all sorts of things to fix this, none of them seem to have any effect.

I found this thread with someone who had a similar problem.

The idea is to limit the fps down to 30. Then use a cheat to double the game speed. When I limit fps to 50%, sure enough, everything runs at a constant half-speed. Good. Now how do I use a cheat to double the speed?

(Also, I'm trying to do this for Kingdom Hearts and NOT Kingdom Hearts 2)

Sponsored links

you midst show us your comp specs.
post your emulog.txt is the easiest way.

I don't recommend the Vmax-hack(Real-time) speed the game may frequent crash. you need to stay the actual "Cinematic" speeds just like similar to the actual PS2's KH1 speeds.
almost all the KH series are "Cinematic" FPS even "birth by sleep"(PSP) it could be based on the KH game engine of square+enix

there are places that you get slowdowns like mountains,crowded buildings you midst also post what stage where you are in the slowdowns.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
All I want is to limit the FPS to 50% while having the game run at normal speed.
open the pcsx2_vm.ini in the ini folder and try edit the frame limit.

Code:
FramerateNTSC=59.94
FrameratePAL=50.00
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
You realize that hack is made to run the game at double the FPS, right? If your specs aren't up to snuff to run the game at 30 FPS, how do you expect to run it at 60?
(12-20-2013, 05:21 AM)metalmallow Wrote: You realize that hack is made to run the game at double the FPS, right? If your specs aren't up to snuff to run the game at 30 FPS, how do you expect to run it at 60?

Exactly. That was the mistake that Fayde made. What I'm interested in is doing the opposite.

(06-19-2013, 12:50 AM)miseru99 Wrote: At most you could use the opposite, apply speed up cheat(exactly same adress, just different value;p) and decrease frame limiter - that would speed the game up(and made the actual animations more choppy)

So if I was playing KH2, I'd change the same address, but to a value that doubles speed instead of halving it.
Also, I'm not playing KH2, I'm playing KH. So the address and pnach is different as well.

So where do I go to figure out what a double game speed cheat would be?
(12-20-2013, 05:15 AM)smartstrike Wrote: open the pcsx2_vm.ini in the ini folder and try edit the frame limit.

Code:
FramerateNTSC=59.94
FrameratePAL=50.00

Eh. That just does the same thing as the framelimiter. It changes the fps. It doesn't change the relative gamespeed. 50% fps still means 50% game speed. (ironically, the audio is double speed. lol)

I want 50% fps to mean 100% game speed.
(12-20-2013, 09:57 PM)MicManGuy Wrote: Eh. That just does the same thing as the framelimiter. It changes the fps. It doesn't change the relative gamespeed. 50% fps still means 50% game speed. (ironically, the audio is double speed. lol)

I want 50% fps to mean 100% game speed.

unfortunately, that's not how a PS2 works...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-20-2013, 10:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: unfortunately, that's not how a PS2 works...

Right. But with game cheats, you can force 200% fps to mean 100% gamespeed. I want to do the opposite.
You can't.