Kingdom Hearts lag on PCSX2 0.9.8
Laptop specs:

Intel Core i3-2310
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
2GB DDR3 Memory

My problem is once i play KH it's fps is ranging from 59-60 fps but after 5 mins. of playing in some areas or when i get near to people fps drops down to 20's. What could be the problem?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hardware specs:
  • Intel Core i3-2310M
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
  • 2GB DDR3 Memory
  • Win7 Professional

PCSX 0.9.8
Trying to play Kingdom Hearts (iso)

Snapshots from my configuration
(All the snapshots are in the attached file, don't worry it's clean. I just can't upload images from an image-hosting site because i'm using office internet.)

If you don't trust the attached files here is the configuration:

FROM DEFAULT SETTINGS:

EE/IOP Clamping: [Normal -> None]
VUs Clamping: [Normal -> None]
GS: gsdx SSE4 r4600
GS Window: [Disable windows resize border]
CDVD: cdvdGigahertz
Enable Speedhack: [Ticked MVU Block Hack]
Directx: Direct3D9 (hardware)
Native ticked on
BIOS: USA v2.00 (14/06/2004)

-------------------

I hope someone could help me.

Snapshots:

.rar   New folder.rar (Size: 341,38 KB / Downloads: 248)
You should probably check your temperatures ie with a program like core temp or whatever your choice, it's most likely cpu throttling from overheating. Most common problem especially if you don't have external cooling for your laptop.;]
(01-28-2012, 09:21 PM)miseru99 Wrote: You should probably check your temperatures ie with a program like core temp or whatever your choice, it's most likely cpu throttling from overheating. Most common problem especially if you don't have external cooling for your laptop.;]

I don't have external cooler. How about my specs? Is it okay?

EDIT:

Okay, I just tested my core temp. Temp reads from 67C - 82C. Problem with that?
Ummm yeah, well depends what you exactly get, if you get a slowdown and your cpu underclocks soon after you reach the highest temp, then temps get too high and it's throttling, external cooling would probably help in that;P.

But if you have 67C and then it starts slowing down with temps going higher, then it just means the location is more demanding and your cpu/gpu too slow for it. In that case check your EE/GS% at the top of the window displaying the game, if any reaching 100% it's your cpu, if it's below 100%, most likely your gpu not being enough for the scene.(Make note that if it throttles from overheating EE or GS will likely reach 100% too, soo don't start from that;P.)
Okay, correction on my previous post. XD

When the game starts to slow down, only EE reaches or hitting 100% then fps drops down to 20+.

Is it my CPU then?
You're already using native res, but strangely also dx9;3, change to DX11 it'll probably be faster(yeah kind of opposite to pc games, but dx10 and dx11 which in GSdx differ just by name;P, are usually faster and more compatible).
Other than that if DX10/11 will not be enough, you could also try "allow 8 bit textures", I'm not sure through if it'll be a speedup or a slowdown, couse both can happen with that option depending on game and gpu, in Nvidia it's usually a slowdown I guess, so let's hope dx11 will do the job.
Okay, I'll try to change my DX to DX11. I hope this would do the job.
Still, EE hitting 100% then FPS goes down to 20%. GAME SLOWDOWNS.

I think Intel core i3 2310m can't handle pcsx2. Sad