Kingdom Hearts & pcsx2 not working
Ok I have a lot of problems using this program since this is my first ever emulator and game I have ever used on a computer. Here are the problems:

1. No sound.

2. The colors are off in the opening of the game there is a lot of pink and green.

3. The graphics look terrible when it comes to actually start playing the game. It is too hard to describe how they look.

4. Having a hard time moving the character. At first I can only jump. After I messed with the config, I got him to move a little bit, but then Pcsx2 crashes.

5. On XQuartz it says that the plugins opened successfully then goes:

ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Invalid unpack type
ZZogl: render target null, no constraints. Ignoring
Offset 0xf387b000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 3242 Bus error ./pcsx2

I have no idea what any of this means.

6. To sum it all up is there a way I can get a step by step instruction on how to use this program accurately? My main focus is to get the game to look like the game on ps2 and be able to move the character without any difficulty.

Please help me!

Sponsored links

1. make sure the sound plugin isn't muted
2. i have no idea i can't figure this one out for the life of me
3. make sure you check no logarithmic Z, its at the bottom of the white in the graphics plugin settings
4. you need to set something up as the analog stick for this game
5. i dunno about this one...
well i hope this helps a little!
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the help you have given. If there is anyone out there who can assist me with the questions that are not answered that would be helpful. Also if someone can help get me a step by step guide on how to use this software on a mac that would be great. I have have seen youtube videos, but they don't address issues when it comes to playing games, at least the issues I am having. I will try to post images of the problems that I am having with the program soon. I hope this will help anyone who looks on my post to better understand the issues I am having.
what are your system specs?
(ie. computer year/model, processor(s) speed, RAM, video card, etc)
and which video plugin are you using?
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

older versions of OSX have outdated and known to be broken opengl installable client drivers. (its why mozilla disabled acceleration on osx firefox)

Try starting with updating to the latest OSX version, Lion.
Yes, I have Lion and it reduces the sound delay and runs a WAAAY more smoothly. Certain places that required lots of CPU juice that would bog down to 20-40 FPS or so now run at a constant rate of 45-60 fps.

Lion has OpenGL 3.2 which is not quite 4, but higher than what snow leopard has.
Hello folks! I am new to this forum and to PCSX2 Emulation. But have some basic knowledge with other emulators like PCSX.
What is your configuration for Kingdom Hearts?
I've got the following problems:
During the actual gameplay the textures of the character are missing (depends of the angle you are looking at it) for example you can see the eyes flying in the air...;-)
The sound is a bit off but, doesn't bother me that much
I tried to configure the controler...but in the game It's just the character that jumps and I can turn the camera around...That's all....don't know...
Can't configure the d-pad...just the analogue sticks....

I am using a macbook with lion
2.4GHZ Intel Core Duo
and 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Nvidia Geforce 320M 256MB

What can I do to configure the controle in the game...
Or for the textures..
Thanks a lot
Update all of your plugins if you haven't already:
ZZogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin to fix the characters (enable "No logarithmic Z" in the config window)
OnePad for the controller, more stable than the previous plugin.

Get these from the downloads page, open the DMG and then open the plugin and select "PCSX2" when the plugin says "open with...". The plugin will then appear in the config window when you reopen PCSX2.

As for your controller, I only use a keyboard, so can't help you there.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(08-13-2011, 12:08 AM)flurgle Wrote: Update all of your plugins if you haven't already:
ZZogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin to fix the characters (enable "No logarithmic Z" in the config window)
OnePad for the controller, more stable than the previous plugin.

Get these from the downloads page, open the DMG and then open the plugin and select "PCSX2" when the plugin says "open with...". The plugin will then appear in the config window when you reopen PCSX2.

As for your controller, I only use a keyboard, so can't help you there.

Hey thanks a lot mate!
Now joypad and the textures are fine....Quiet a bit slow.but without sound it's faster...so try to fiddle around with the configurations...
Cheerz
I have lion and have noticed a significant speed increase when I turn my dock hiding on. This might help your speed.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3