Kingdom hearts 2 no displaying anything on screen
Whenever i try and run KH2 from the disc, it just displays a blank screen, no sound no video and then the launcher crashes. It shows the logfile below...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\gsdx-sse2-r3878.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G (8.15.11.8614)
Binding PAD : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\lilypad-r3878.dll
Binding SPU2 : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\spu2-x-r3878.dll
Binding CDVD : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 8934 games on record (loaded in 414ms)
HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7600
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Allocating memory for the PS2 virtual machine...
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\E:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* CDVD: Disk Type: Double-Layer DVD
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (1936768 sectors)
(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
File/Object: IsoFS
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.

Ive tried running it with multiple different plugins and cofiguring them all differently to no avail, ive also tried creating an iso copy of the game using poweriso and imgburn with nothing but errors reading the disc and the such.

My config is as follows...

Binding GS : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\gsdx-sse2-r3878.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
Binding PAD : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\lilypad-r3878.dll
Binding SPU2 : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\spu2-x-r3878.dll
Binding CDVD : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : S:\Games\ps2 emu\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Bios : scph39001

My system setting are as follows...

CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = a
x86Family = Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz
CPU speed = 2.297 ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0c00e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000
4gb ram
windows 7 home prem 64 bit
realtek HD audio

Like i said for some reason when i try and load the game up with the plugin, the game just displays a blank screan and crashes to an error bout the isofs ive gone through the steps to configure the pcsx2 emu to the same standards ive read on the config guide but im running into a brick wall here..

Sponsored links

It looks like your PS2 disk is damaged. Maybe this article will be useful:
How To Repair Damaged CD's Or DVD's & Recover Data
Idk maybe, but highly unlikely i literally just bought it online theres no scratches or anything on the disc.
Well. If you have a PS2 or PS3 console (or maybe someone of your friends has) try to run the game on it, and you'll see whether it is corrupted or not.
If it is corrupted, then contact the seller.
(03-25-2011, 11:56 AM)bean89032 Wrote: Ive tried running it with multiple different plugins and cofiguring them all differently to no avail, ive also tried creating an iso copy of the game using poweriso and imgburn with nothing but errors reading the disc and the such.

As said above, the problem lies within either your disc or your laptop drive. have you tried it on your ps2 or a desktop computer?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well im deployed to kuwait atm, and no one has a ps2, but i do know someone else that has a ps2 emu that is confirmed working and playing games so ill have to bring it over to him and see if it works on his computer, if it does then ill most likely end up buying a ps3 that has the emotion engine in it and is backwards compatible with ps2 games and try it on there and if it works then im willing to bet its my cd drive thats on the fritz, if it doesnt work then its the game. ill reply with my results when ive tested some more stuff out thanks for the tips.
Your friends ps2 emulator is probably ours, as it's the only one out there (apart from the ps3). Hope the ps3 idea works if you get one, our compatability is generally higher, but it should work quicker on the ps3 which will be nice Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-25-2011, 09:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Your friends ps2 emulator is probably ours, as it's the only one out there (apart from the ps3). Hope the ps3 idea works if you get one, our compatability is generally higher, but it should work quicker on the ps3 which will be nice Smile

haha yeah i found out hes using the pcsx2 emu XD i thought he was. and yeah im hoping i didnt get a botched game thatd b kinda depressing lol. thanks for the assistance :
(03-25-2011, 09:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Your friends ps2 emulator is probably ours, as it's the only one out there (apart from the ps3). Hope the ps3 idea works if you get one, our compatability is generally higher, but it should work quicker on the ps3 which will be nice Smile
Just put PCSX2 on PS3 and it will be faster (and much better) than Sony's. Tongue2
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2