Koei Games failing to load original content
I never played P4 that much and do not remember that part you speak of in the game... Whatever I see your point though. Its just that the gameplay is boring and tedious as all hell. All the puzzles in that game all deal with block, blocks and more blocks. Its liek the devs just slapped the gameplay together at the very last minute.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

(05-15-2013, 07:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: that feature is still unsupported ATM Sad

I'm sad to hear this. Does anybody have any idea if it ever will, or is it simply technically impossible? I can't imagine it would be that hard to make this feature work. The disc swapping seems to work, only the disc doesn't get recognized. Shouldn't it be possible to let the system think the correct disc is loaded regardless of the disc or just skip the verification process?
Other than creating cheats to unlock stuff(if it's just some unlockable stuff) or otherwise to change the check routine to always end as successfull(if it actually is something like an expanshion disc) you can only wait till somebody actually find what's the problem with disc swapping and menages to fix it.

~ Which may never happen since it's broken from like forever and not soo many people really care much since for most games we already deal with that using some workarounds or cheats.
Do we know if the content is on the on the original disc only? or if it's also on the expansion? Because if the data is on the disc and all it is in some sort of check for the original game, then maybe a code could be made for it? So far any hunting i've done seems to comeback with no answer :/

I wonder, would it be possible to use the USB ports on the PS2 with a mod chip to read memory information directly? if so maybe doing that would help, I'd be more then happy to donate a copy for Dynasty Warriors 5 and it's XL to a dev if such a process exists.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(05-16-2013, 04:10 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Do we know if the content is on the on the original disc only? or if it's also on the expansion? Because if the data is on the disc and all it is in some sort of check for the original game, then maybe a code could be made for it? So far any hunting i've done seems to comeback with no answer :/

I'm pretty sure the content its trying to load is on the original disc. It just copies some files from the original disc to the memory of the system. I remember it took some time (not to long though) and you could hear the disc spinning in the system while it was loading the data. I'm pretty sure PCSX2 would be able to load that data as is. The only problem is that check. I could imagine that there would be a way to work around this by somehow making sure this check always succeeds.

(05-16-2013, 04:10 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I wonder, would it be possible to use the USB ports on the PS2 with a mod chip to read memory information directly? if so maybe doing that would help, I'd be more then happy to donate a copy for Dynasty Warriors 5 and it's XL to a dev if such a process exists.

Well I don't know about using the USB ports for this would be necessary, but making a memory dump shouldn't be to hard. I know it's possible to do this with a Wii, so I guess it would also be on a PS2. Although I'm not sure if this is possible for all the different available memories.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the disc swapping is the problem here. I started Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends and got to the point where the system asks for the original Dynasty Warriors 3 disc. Then I made a savestate. Then I renamed this savestate, so it would match the name of a original Dynasty Warriors 3 savestate. Then I restarted PCSX2 and mounted the original Dynasty Warriors 3 disc, loaded the savestate and it still gave the same error when it tried to verify the disc. That's why I think the swapping works fine, but the check is failing for another reason.
Memory dumps on a PS2 are possible with some homebrew tools. Compatibility with the game must be given though.
Anyway, the disc swapping problem is most likely one where we miss important state information.
We know about a tray open and tray closed bit but there could be more to it.
as for xeonsaga 2- how did u get xenosaga 2 to recognize the first one, it just REFUSES to find it even though i have two different clear datas and am using the latest revision... my mc is zero help at this (sry for bringing this back from the dead)